The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-02-2020, 02:53 PM   #1
70c10-08

Cool Don't give on looking for hard to find parts

Never give up on something you truly want for your build eventually you'll find the exact part your needing. I found the first dealer emblem 10 years ago on a scrap metal truck bed trailer at the college I attended. And thought it'd be nearly impossible to find the other one I need to make my C/10 complete without, having one custom CNC'd and during one random search on ebay the other day I found the one I've been needing. Kerr Chevrolet was not a big dealer by any means but, it was not small and Hastings, Nebraska is only about 25,000 for a population. The bottom one was my original and, my ebay find is the top one. So if there's a part your build needs don't give up you'll eventually find what your needing.
Attached Images

70c10-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 04:25 PM   #2
402Bowtie

Re: Don't give on looking for hard to find parts

Nice! Where did that dealer mount them? Did that dealer mount two on one truck? I usually only ever see one mounted---one on the driver side of the cowl, or one on the tailgate. I have a truck that used a dealer sticker instead of the emblem and placed the sticker on both the cowl and tailgate of the same truck.
402Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:09 PM   #3
70c10-08

I'm not sure where Kerr Chevrolet mounted them. The squarebody (73ish)? that I got my original from it was mounted directly above the tailgate handle right at that upper bodyline but, I've seen dealer emblems and decals on our trucks mounted on the tailgate in the same location, lower right or left hand corner, directly above the C/10 emblems or mostly on the cowl. I thought there might have been 2 mounted there one on each side but, now come to think about it I think most would've had only one mounted if so then, I've got a piece of toolbox art lol.
70c10-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:27 PM   #4
Ironhorse

Those are just TOO COOL. My '71 4x4 came from Kerr Chevrolet in Hastings, Neb. I bought it in 1985 in Wichita, Ks. Had been rode HARD and put away wet many, many times. Replaced the bed, both doors, tailgate, inner and outer fenders and the hood, LOL. All with scrounged original GM parts except for the tail gate. Could not find a decent original and bought a re-pro from GMCPauls. VERY happy with it. Did not think to take a pic at the time but my truck had a Kerr Chevrolet sticker on the driver side cowl in front of the door. Maybe that is where one of those would mount? I looked for a LONG time on eBay but was never successful finding a die cast emblem. A swap meet buddy of mine gave me a Kerr Chevrolet wooden handled brush that he actually got from Kerr years ago.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:04 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

So very true. Nothing good comes easy. You people who weren't doing these trucks before there was an internet or reproduction parts have no idea. I learned early on that it takes perceverance to play with old vehicles. Especially when you want specific parts and nothing else will do.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:04 AM   #6
54blackhornet

I have seen numerous 67/72 trucks with the dealership logo affixed to the cowl on both sides.