The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-30-2018, 03:47 PM   #1
mr48chev

Trucks at the Vintiques Unrun 9-29-18

I snagged the wife's Monte Carlo yesterday and ran up to Union Gap where the Vintiques were holding their Unrun at Fulbright park. This is a low key event for the mostpart where visiting with fellow car folk and eating the lunch that the Vintiques provide is the order of the day. They did give out some awards and door prizes though. It's also an event that a lot of local guys take their "other" ride to and that one being nifty but not the one they take to most car shows.
I've probably showed a couple of these before as they tend to be at every local event I go to but here are the AD, TF and a few OT page fillers and an observation or two for good measure.

The bare metal 54 was pretty nice and showed some nice metal work along with the great job in the bed.

For your entertainment we have the "Don't let your Bronco do drugs" shot. This is the results of going to a little laid back Saturday car show and just trying too hard.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 04:07 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: Trucks at the Vintiques Unrun 9-29-18

Patina truck with a Fi small block that looks like it gets driven a lot.

Had some fun the last shot where it looks like the AD got work up from a nap on the lawn when the Bronco went physco on it but at least the cop car was next door to keep things under control .
Attached Images

77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:28 PM   #3
mr48chev

I've seen the red AD at most of the events I went to this year. First time to see the Binder flatbed and someone did a real nice job on the wood on the bed of it. The little bobber truck rat rod is a lot nicer than you would expect from most rat rods with a great black satin paint job and striping. A friend of mine built it for his daughter a couple of years ago and she hits local events with it. Well detailed and no ragged edges.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2018, 04:44 PM   #4
mr48chev

OOPs snuck a shoebox ford in there.

For a moment I had stepped back into the early 70's when I spotted that 55. For the younger guys, no it isn't sitting on a jack, that is how a lot of rides with wide tires looked in the early 70's when guys hadn't gotten into wheel tubs or narrow rear axles yet. A real throwback in that respect although it appears to be a recent build.

The little Dodge was nicely done. First time I have seen it. I have taken a bunch of photos of the TF that has a stretched cab over the years, looks like it got a fresh coat of primer lately though.

That is all I have this go around.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2018, 09:09 PM   #5
Driver_WT

Very cool. thanks for sharing.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:58 AM   #6
PDW HOTRODS

That 55 is a Chevy.
PDW HOTRODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:31 PM   #7
mr48chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDW HOTRODS View Post
That 55 is a Chevy.
Yep never said it wasn't. I posted it because it is a real throwback to the early 70's.

Old 10-01-2018, 01:40 PM   #8
joedoh

tri fives are the hardest to get any kind of wide tire under anyway, I think the widest you can get is a 265, and it really takes the perfect offset wheel to run that. any wider and tubs wont help, the tires will hit the leafs! so if you want a wider tire you either jack em up like that or around where I grew up guys would cut in round flares around the tire. it didnt look any better.

thanks for the pictures, I cant tell if you are making fun of the bronco showing his articulation but thats pretty common now, rock crawlers showing how much flex their suspension has.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 10-01-2018 at 01:48 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:44 PM   #9
mr48chev

The Bronco was very well done and well detailed as were the other two in his club that were there. I understand the articulation thing and it was well done. My poking a bit of fun at hi was that for that event he was just trying too hard. The OMG no one will check out my Bronco if it is just sitting there on the grass like the rest of them thing. I got to thinking later he might be the guy who has a shop that builds crawlers here in the area and crawlers are a big thing around here. The first Jeep club in the world was formed here locally in the late 40's when guys were able to buy surplus jeeps or they started selling them at dealers. The 4x4 thing here has expanded from that.

As I said earlier this event is one of the most laid back events you will ever show up at. It's the end of the year gathering where visiting with other car folk and talking about what you did that year and what your car plans are for the winter are the order of the day. I found out one of my long time friends are building AD trucks while walking around taking photos. Knowing the quality of his builds it should be a knockout truck.

I posted that 55 two door post just to show the young guys how it was often done back in the 70's and that that look was pretty common then. I had a 55 2 door post that had a Pontiac rear and it was a real challenge to change the tire with a stock Pontiac steel wheel and G or H 70 15.