The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
Jimma

"Jimma" Build

I would like to start off by introducing myself, Jimma is the name givin to my truck because of how redneck and funny it is to my college buddies, yeah thats correct I am a college student that is trying to do a build that many of you take on in your own garage....Well I have a parking lot! Anyways I would like to get you all up to date on what I have done so far.

I bought Jimma from a friend for $1000. It didn't run and sat for a long time. Since when you buy something new you always look at the good, I will list those first. It had a new crate 350 that only needed a distributor, the body was relativly straight, new tires, alot of potential and the back was full of parts which just needed to be put back on and a 12 point cage. Picture below from the day I bought it.

Now the bad which is realized after you own it, the bed, floors and bracing are shot (found out after taking the top off), the T-case is an NP203, the electrical is hacked, and there are alot of hillybilly fixes like hockey pucks for body bushings, rivits, expanding foam and caulking (all of which when removed took away from the soundness of the the truck)

But non the less I had my daily driver!

The first thing I did was put in the cage in. I figured I would like to have something solid on the truck! This was my first attempt at doing something like this?

As my daily driver/project I ran into a little thing called rain! After a trip to the local fabric store and $50 later. I made a bikini top out of waterproof vinal for boat seats and industrial strength velcro. And it still works like a champ through its 2nd season in service!

Then I wanted to get rid of those goofy van seats so I got a couple of racing buckets and 4points and welded up some seat brackets.

So that brings everyone up to date on the truck. Now lately the truck has been vibrating its self apart (damn hockey pucks). So I decided that I needed a parts truck to donate the bed, floors and patch panels. So I bought a 1972 Blazer CST for $500. I will have pictures this weekend! But the Blazer is packed full of rust free fenders, replacement floorboards, and the firewall/windshield rail has no rust. So I think that I scored pretty well! Now I just need to get the two together and make one nice truck!
Jimma is offline   Reply With Quote