The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-18-2002, 06:26 PM   #1
mikegronholz

Post Anyone need/want my BRAND NEW chassis, cab, and front end ... AGAIN ?!?!?

Hey guys, I'm back for a little while. The guy that "bought" my cab, chassis, and front end decided (after 4 months and a divorce), that he couldn't afford it. I REALLY need to let it go. It is in Albany, GA (SW corner). I will meet you there for it's pickup. Here are some QUICK details (I have pictures and more details if you want them):
1971 SWB CHEVY 1/2 ton LEAF SPRING rear
FRAME - completely sandblasted, metal blasted, primed then GLOSS BLACK powdercoated
SUSPENSION - 2 1/2" drop spindles and 1 1/2" drop springs (spindles are painted black and springs are painted yellow) in the front and 4" drop LEAFS in the rear with 1 1/2" drop shackles for the ever popular 4/6 drop. HUGE front swaybar (painted yellow), and reman POWER STEERING gearbox and all BRAND new steering components (tierods, pitman, idler, ball joints, etc.)
FUEL - Holley blue pump, canister filter, 16gal fuel cell with sender and all stainless braided lines.
BRAKES - reman calipers (painted yellow) and brand new InLine Tube stainless tubing and stainless braided lines. Factory drums.
MICELLANEOUS - Stainless Grade 8 ARP bolts where visible in the chassis, standard stainless for fuel line mounting etc.
BODY - Cab needs floorpans (which are included). Thats it. The doors (both) are SOLID and no dents and they do have the glass. The front fenders and inner fender are BRAND NEW. Radiator support needs to be sanded and painted. The bed was orginally a SS and I have the SS fenders still. They need some light door ding type repair, but nothing near major. There are a few micellaneous "boxes of parts" such as BRAND NEW bowtie door sills and some original parts.

The chassis is 95% complete. The other 5% is simply tightening down some bolts after you drop in and engine (which I also have for sale, it is a Vortec). The truck does have a 12 bolt rear that functions (it is an open rear, no posi). If you are interested in the engine as well, I'll make you a heck of a deal !!! I have OVER $6000 in this as it sits with the Vortec headed engine (it makes 425+hp on desktop dyno). email with SERIOUS offers or questions. email is:

mikegronholz@bigfoot.com

It would cost over $3000 to get the CHASSIS alone in this condition (without buying a chassis). I am NOT looking for more than $3000 but the closest to it will take this truck (w/o engine, but it wouldn't take much more to get it too !!!). Call if you want to (703) 640-9569 after 6pm EASTERN
- 3.23 posi Camaro disc brake rear end

* tailpipes are ugly, stay in front !!! *

mikegronholz@bigfoot.com

mikegronholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 12:29 AM   #2
68SWB4x4
Strongman Garage

moving to parts....

------------------
My Truck pictures

www.xframeimpala.com

68 4x4 short fleetside 327 CH465 edelbrock intake and carb MSD distributor its the "SHAGROLET"
56 big window short stepside 235 dual 1 brls
64ImpalaSS 327
70 C10 LWB fleetside custom/10 350/TH350
IM me on aol SN= SHAGROLET

68SWB4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote