The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
hugger6933

1970 truck with MSO?

I bought a 70 swb at a local school disposal sale with a sealed bid and when I picked up and paid for the truck they told me the paper work was not ready. No big deal I told them I would check on it later. That was a couple of moths ago, and I went to the superintendants office a couple weeks agoto check on the title and the super told me they had found it and carried it to the revenue office to have a title made. I asked why they had to do that and he told me that it had never been titled by some mistake and they thought to sell it it had to have a title. Well I am a used car dealer it I could have been able to transfer the origin statment. I don't think there would be many of those left and after he told me I went URGH it would have been cool. It is not a very hot truck with super options or any thing that sticks out but still... Only downside top having the MSO is whoever would be the next to get a plate for it would be responsible for the sales tax from when new. Just thoght I 'd share
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
Husker

Re: 1970 truck with MSO?

I bought mine from a community college the same way, it had never been licensed. Yours should be tax exempt because of school use.
Ron
Member #111
68 C-10 Daily Driver
70 4x4 Project
76 Jeep CJ-5

Help Support the Board:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
Thomas Jefferson
Husker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
hugger6933

Re: 1970 truck with MSO?

Well, it will be now because they have gone to the revenue office and applied for a regular title. If it had been left with the statement of origin I could transfer because I am a car dealer ,but that would have left it with the person I sell to [long term] down the road to pay the sales tax on the truck. I see what your saying the school was and is exempt from the sales tax but on a mso if I had gotten one and still transfered it to someone else that exemption would be moot because they are allready out of the picture. The stat will probably still get some tax money off of it because we [in AR] pay on anything after 3000 dollars. I hope that truck will bring more than that after I work on it and do a makeover
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote