The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #1
jamie72

lmc exhaust

anyone cut down one of those lmc exhaust kits to fit your blazer??
thanks

member #807

http://www.myspace.com/whitetailobsession
www.antlertalk.com
jamie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:53 PM   #2
pound41

Yes have straight out the back on my 70 and an old out the sides on the 71 Just lay it out and do some retro fitting before you make the one cut, I have the stock mufflers it sounds good and for the price you cannot touch it. The one on the 71 has been there for 6 or 7 yrs its still ok
pound41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 04:57 PM   #3
jamie72

ehy thanks for the reply, its getting to the point i hateto take my trucks anywhere to get them worked on as it seems the shops always screw something up, i can just see one scratching the crap out of my paint with a exhaust pipe..

member #807

www.antlertalk.com
Old 04-13-2005, 07:32 AM   #4
Huck

The issue will be to decide if you want the exhaust out the back or the side. LMC exhaust sets are not marked. You can easily screw up by putting the left on the right etc. Also one manifold pipe is about 3 inches longer then the other I guess for the heat riser. So anticipate some fab'ing and all should be well. I used a set for year with no issues. By the bye--if using the stock manifolds--there is supposed to be a small inster that goes inside the manifold pipe and into the throat of the manifold--this supports the large 0 gasket between the manifold and the pipe from getting chewed up. One would think that with such a nice blazer, one would have stainless headers attached to stainless pipe~~~hehehehehe
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:06 PM   #5
jamie72

ahh good ole huck always great to hear your wisdom, i just wish i had all your money.
so when is your lift open?

member #807

www.antlertalk.com
Old 04-13-2005, 09:21 PM   #6
pound41

Huck Gave you a great description of the exhaust kit. I had forgot about the tail pipes being confusing, You do have to look at them being confusing. They are similar. The one manifold pipe being longer is for the right side it will shoot the pipe right between the transfercase and the crossmember. Not saying its right. But I had professionals make and install my exhaust on two other blazers I had owned and thats the way they both did it. I don't know if thats the way factory duals would have been done since I have never seen one.But like HUCK said its a little work but I have been pleased with mine. Made by the same company that I have on my 69 camaro. Good Luck
pound41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:53 AM   #7
Huck

Exhaust~~~~

With Jamie eating all that Indiana road kill, it's a wonder he has any exhaust at all!
Isn't it nice that Pound appreciates my widom verses some others who make fun of the old guys!! hehehehe-----
Jamie, my 4 poster lift is available whenever you caugh up the money to get the parts and can make it down here. I don't deliver or loan my lift!! while you're here, I will probably get some work out of your dead butt by swapping out the 6-5 lug spindals and/or the turbo350-700R4 transmissions on the SWB or offloading the Blazer top.
Just let me know ahead of time so I can move the SWB out of the way.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote