The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-07-2019, 10:59 AM   #1
mingoman

That tree is up!

I even have a possum in it. 🙄
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2019, 11:18 AM   #2
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: That tree is up!

Nice tree, you're a better man than I am. I ain't doing.....I refuse.....

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:27 AM   #3
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

You sure there's a tree under all that? j/k, nicely done and looks like a lot of effort went into it.
We haven't started looking for a tree yet..... but I'm sure we will, we always do.
If not for the missus, I'd refuse, same as Dale.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:46 PM   #4
mingoman

She and the grandkids are a big part of it, but I'd probably still put one up if they weren't.
I've done it so long I think it would be to odd without one lol!
Old 12-07-2019, 01:48 PM   #5
jeffahart

Very nice... a happy sight!

j
Old 12-07-2019, 02:15 PM   #6
RustyPile

And the first day of Christmas -- A possum in a pear tree..
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:10 PM   #7
CG
BlahBlahBlah

We were just talking about putting the tree up. Its an artificial tree that we have had for so long the needles are falling off … Just like a real one haha!

We take the grand kids ornament shopping every year. The get a kick out of opening them up and putting them on the tree. Each of them has their own box and a list so they can remember what year they got each ornament.

A few years ago we went to the craft store and got some white ceramic mugs and those special pens you decorate the mugs with and then you bake them to make it permanent. We've done it every year since. Its fun seeing how their artistic talent goes up a little each year.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:43 PM   #8
yuccales

Beautiful tree mingoman! We never have an inside tree (dog, cat, no kids) but always do outside stuff. My rebar trees do not shed needles. My wife does a real tree outside and decorates the concrete crane every year.
Attached Images

yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:20 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

I love the tree decorations and all the lights shown.

It's just my son and I here and we do any celebrating elsewhere. Our tree may not be seen by anyone else but us. But I still put a tree up. It's a happy sight in the dismal dark short days of winter and brings a touch of nature indoors. It is also a tradition and it renders nostalgic feelings. The same with lighting up the outdoors.

But this years I'm caught in a tight spot and that makes life a tough. I'm finding it hard to get motivated on the outside lights, coupled with weather and other things preventing the usual Thanksgiving weekend tradition. I noticed lights earlier this year and now I'm late. I'm not paying to cut a tree this year, but been thinking if I spot the right one somewhere to cut, where it isn't offensive, I would.

Putting the lights up has proven to be more aggravating than pleasure giving. LED lights last so much longer? Not if they are cheap Chinese crap. I have had no less than nine strings I have bought in the last two years come up not working. Go buy more junk? Not feeling that what so ever. Those lights aren't one or two years old, they are one or two months old by how long they have been burned. I feel like a fool for getting rid of my old C7s now. I still have those on my two back buildings I just leave up. I only need to plug those 25 year old Made In America lights in and I am smiling.

Sorry for the negative rant. I'm not letting that BS get to me. I have my roofline done, except the sunroom, and the lack of working lights has me done at that.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-08-2019 at 10:21 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:56 AM   #10
mingoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuccales View Post
Beautiful tree mingoman! We never have an inside tree (dog, cat, no kids) but always do outside stuff. My rebar trees do not shed needles. My wife does a real tree outside and decorates the concrete crane every year.
Nice!
Old 12-08-2019, 10:01 AM   #11
mingoman

[QUOTE=special-K;8639290]

Putting the lights up has proven to be more aggravating than pleasure giving. LED lights last so much longer? Not if they are cheap Chinese crap. I have had no less than nine strings I have bought in the last two years come up not working. Go buy more junk? Not feeling that what so ever. Those lights aren't one or two years old, they are one or two months old by how long they have been burned. I feel like a fool for getting rid of my old C2s now. I still have those on my two back buildings I just leave up. I only need to plug those 25 year old Made In America lights in and I am smiling.

I still use my old c-9 and c-7 lights on the outside of the house every year. Don't know what I'll do when I can't get replacement lights.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:17 AM   #12
special-K
Special Order

[quote=mingoman;8639331]
Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post

I still use my old c-9 and c-7 lights on the outside of the house every year. Don't know what I'll do when I can't get replacement lights.
I may go back while I still can. I switched because the handling of putting up/taking down was causing a broken bulb or two and filaments shaking loose. Those ain't what they used to be, either. The replacement bulbs more than doubled in price making buying new strands more economical than buying replacement bulbs. I'd just salvage the good bulbs for the older strand bulb replacements. I'll be stocking up on C7 strands, suits the old place anyway.

And another gripe about these Made in China LEDs. Since it's not their holiday they are supplying these lights for, someone needs to tell them purple isn't a Christmas color. Keep your purple lights for Halloween! . With their purple along with red red and blue, they cast a totally different hue where from a distance the yellow and green are overpowered. That was my initial complaint when I switched.

Time to get back to the Peace & Joy of Christmas

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote