The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2004, 12:05 AM   #1
danmiki

71 suburban to trade

I have a 1971 suburban that is in excellent mechanical condition including a motor warranty on a remanufactured high performance 350 9 to 1 compression ratio 4 bolt mains, 25 months remaining on a transferable unlimited mileage motor warranty, 700r4 trans with less than 12,000 miles on it, I blew the first one when the new motor was broke in I stomped on it off the line which I very seldom do anyway but i wanted to see what the motor was up to and chirped the tires going into second, well a week later coming home from a camping trip the trans said byebye, thats why its a new one now, and no i havent done that again.! cold ac( under dash unit from sears robuck , i think it is an antique, ac has all new hoses, new 4bbl carb,rebuilt rear with new axles bearings and 373 gears, 3 years ago the front ball joints in and out tie rods idler, pitman and centerlink, and steering box, replaced, just last week i changed front brake pads, rotors and bearings, has a new 4 row radiator, in january, and a new trans cooler when trans put in. rear has air shocks and moog cargo springs, which if I keep this truck I will cahnge because i am not totally happy with them, I still have original springs. lets see new headlight switch also and truck has factory gauges and tach. I have all the paperwork and receipts for the lucky person to acquire this truck. Now I am gonna tell you the truck i used as a camper and still do so at one point before i added a roof air conditioner which there is a 14x14 hole in roof the ac is still there but wont go with the truck. and inside towards the rear i have a plywood partion between the tailgate and in about 2 feet for my generator, but that comes out with a few screws i also have a vent door cut out in driver side quarter panel, and the lower tailgate needs to be replaced the liftgate is fine and restorable, the pass side front door pillar is really rusted by the lower hinge so i dont even use the door but it does open the rockers are rusted and i think i have two new rocker panels in the gargage, i am just not into pretty trucks, i guess ,but they dam well better run! has halogen headlights too oh and a 140 amp alternator and of course the ignition upgraded to hei. If I keep the truck I will eventually restore the body, the truck was originally that yellow school bus color until i painted it grey than blue. which it is now, and i might add a pretty poor paint job at that. but you can get in it and drive anywhere and take your hands off the wheel at 70 and stay straight on the road! I use 10 30 castrol motor oil and cahnge it the first of every month, florida heat is cruel to regular oil and the motor manufacturer says no to synthetic, the front suspension is a little grease laiden from the old motor leaking oil for years, maybe i will clean it off, if i have a chance ,just havent got to it. lets see what else oh the wood floor in the back is in good shape and looks original oh yea the dam gas gauge stopped working a couple weeks ago when i went to north georgia, they had a freeze and the dam thing just stays on e now i think its a ground problem, i might look at it this week end anyway i know when she needs gas, so i think i covered everything .......well if you got the body work talent you will have a good truck, oh the back windows were tinted then that wasnt dark enough so i painted over the tint but it all comes off with a razor blade, so what i am thinkin, i am building an ultra light travel trailer, so i am looking for a compact economical pickup in good running order would love a jeep pick up or s 10 or tyota or somthing if you want to just buy it i want 4,500 for it. or a truck of comparable value, , i wont give her away too much invested if i have to i will drive her and sell later or restore myself the rest of the way i have the talent but not the time or will haha.
Attached Images

danmiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 04:12 AM   #2
DUBURBAN

Hey good to see other FL natives. I have a couple friends in Jacksonville that want one. I'll see
DUBURBAN is offline   Reply With Quote