The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-27-2019, 08:21 AM   #1
jjzepplin

WIW? 70 Chevy SWB 1ton 4x4

I am just looking to see what I might need to post this for in the for sale section. I know I need pics but it is on my page. Soo -406sbc all ARP. Original SWB from the factory no spid originally no option type fire trail truck from Cali. I cut the dash for factory A/C and that needs to be finished but is all there. Has a 700r4 with working lock-up and all B-M internals No stall but custom brazed converter. Has a Off Road Design 203 style crawl box hooked to a 205 case. Front diff is a Dana 60 king pin open and the rear is a 14 bolt locker. This truck is solid. Some rust starting in cab corners and rockers but otherwise very solid except the bed floor. Has aftermarket front fenders and an original grill with no dents. It tows very well and launches boats friggin awesome. Has a 4" suspension lift and a 3" body lift. It had 36" Swampers on it and drove nice. Tons of stuff I am forgetting but you get the idea. The engine was Align-honed and bored .30 over. Stock head were reworked with stainless 2.02 valves and bowl blended with hardened seats.Rods resized and honed with ARP bolts. Main caps have ARP bolts and heads also Have ARP bolts. Has Marine steel head gaskets and silicon skirted flat top pistons. Mild Comp cam and Air Gap intake with rear water ports accessed for cooling. Never overheated with dual electric fans on the 4 core Harrison radiator. Has dual battery system with solenoids. Both batteries start it then go back to being isolated for charging. One battery is set up to run accessories like the camper and trailer brake controller. I have a van tilt column I have not modified or installed yet. Has a 1994 serpentine belt system. Has a Tom Wood one ton rear drive shaft with bolt on FURD type flange on the t-case with double cardan joint for 4x4 extreme angles as well as a front double cardan 1/2 ton style. Both are freshly rebuilt with all new joints. I can literally drive this thing from Florida to Utah and go wheeling. Has 40 gallon tank. I have a tach dash I have not put together yet with new tach but currently all gauges work fine as well as the fuel gauge that has been customized for larger tank. It is not perfect and is no show truck but a real working truck that can haul anything and could be very nice. No rust in floors and low hump installed from 2WD truck. Ask away. Will get some pics up when I get it out of the back yard. 4.10 gears front and rear. The truck is in my signature but I don't think there are any fresh pics.

Last edited by jjzepplin; 03-27-2019 at 08:33 AM.
jjzepplin is offline   Reply With Quote