The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2017, 10:52 PM   #1
stangtjk

Realistic Values.

What are these trucks worth... Broad question I know, looking for more of discussion than a direct answer.

I bought a 72 that "moved" under its own power and the body didn't look too terrible for $5500 last year.. Everyone loves pictures so below is how I bought it...I definitely don't think I got a steal but didn't get shafted either so I'll say it was fair value for a restoration candidate.

Ever since I bought mine I've been watching eBay pretty closely and there doesn't seam to be much consistency in prices. From what I gather a pretty decent driver (older/amateur resto or a survivor that is still decent) will set you back $12-16K. Frame off restos look to be in the $25-35K.

One blazer I saw go though really surprised me though. It sold for around $7k in its original ocre color then 3 months later it turned back up from another seller with some fresh dark grey metallic paint and the guy tried to start the bidding at like $30K. No one bid of course and the price dropped and dropped until it finally sold for $19K. Couldn't believe it brought that much because there were so many obvious faults in the photos. Few days later it was relisted by the same seller (deal fell through I guess)... I'll be damned if it didn't sell for $19K again after that. It hasn't been listed again so who knows if the poor buyer actually went through with it.... All you gotta do is slap some shiny paint on one of these and it triples in value.... Wait gotta give a little more credit as they did also install some late model seats.
Attached Images

stangtjk is offline   Reply With Quote