The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-04-2016, 12:39 AM   #1
Keith6987

WELP... here I go.

Hey all, I have been lurking on here for a while now and it's time to come out of the shadows. My story? I'm glad you asked. Let's go back to July 1990 in LA California. There I am heading down the 405 in my little S-10... Stuck in traffic regretting my decision to work on Saturday...when I hear this deep rumble roll up next to me. WOW... what is that !! It was the coolest convertible 4x4 I had ever seen. Growing up in Illinois I'd seen a Blazer before ,but never one with the top off,and certainly not full of girls in bikinis.

Well long story short, they were heading to the beach and not to the jobsite with me. From that day on, the early Blazer became my dream truck.
I have been looking for the right Blazer since before the internet, which some of you know was a lot more challenging. I have looked at many over the years but I had a few requirements on my list.
1. 1969
2. unrestored...but not unrepairable
3. original paint... and then you have price and location to deal with.

Last year I got impatient and bought a 72 CST which met the other requirements. I spent many hours on the creeper just looking at it. With the help of this forum I learned a lot. I thought I had a bunch of good questions , but after a few searches I found that it had all been discussed before. Thanks to those who share their knowledge with the group.

All of my delays and indecision worked out for the best and I was able to find my 69. I sent my 72 to a good home and I am ready to tear into my dream truck.

Other than the drivetrain it is all there. I have the whole front clip with original sewer pipe green paint. It does need the usual rocker box work , but I can fix those areas without disturbing the patina. I intend to set it up with a small block that has that cool deep rumble I have heard in my head all these years.

WELP... Here I go.
Attached Images

Keith6987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:40 AM   #2
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Re: WELP... here I go.

Looks like a solid Blazer to work with - is that a 4" lift?
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:20 AM   #3
Keith6987

I'm not sure what the lift is... I've been trying to figure that out. I would say at least 6". It has 1" of body lift. The front springs on the 72 I had were almost flat, so if that was the stock lift then this is probably 6+"
Old 10-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #4
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Good luck with you build! I'll follow along. What are your plans for the interior? More pics please.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:00 AM   #5
Keith6987

I'd like to keep the interior as stock looking as possible. It originally had utility buckets, but I have a pair of sport buckets that I will probably put in it.