The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2011, 01:42 AM   #1
Jimbo0076

Police Package Tahoe

I know the basic info on what all is different and searched through a few threads about the police package. What I'd like to know is does anyone know how these trucks were treated and what they were used for on a police daily basis? I've found a Tahoe I'm looking at with the package and it looks fairly clean and doesn't seem to be extremely abused from just looking at it. Weird to see PW,PL,tilt,cruise and other options then vinyl seats and rubber floor mat throughout I know any used truck is just a toss up on if they will have probs or not but wondering if buying the police package would be like buying a used hi-pro rental car or if the PD's took good care of them.
Jimbo0076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #2
1badgmc

Re: Police Package Tahoe

How it was used is going to depend on what the agency that had it needed it for. For some it could have been a special-use vehicle that wasn't used for much of anything and for others it's used just like a normal Crown Vic squad car on daily patrols and traffic stops.
1badgmc is offline   Reply With Quote