The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2018, 06:31 PM   #1
Stewsclues

Getting ready for summer

Greetings!
Been reading a lot here... thanks for the shared knowledge and place to see awesome trucks. Mine is a 72 C10 that started out as a short bed fleetside but now has a step side bed. 350, TH350, factory air, and a decent non factory restoration on the 90’s. I drive it everyday here in Orlando... but summer (and Orlando traffic) is coming again.
Did kind of OK last summer... had to be smart about traffic lights. It will run too hot if not careful. I wanted to do the Cherokee electric fan conversion with the current shroud because of price and factoryish look, but discovered my truck has a big block shroud (I checked part numbers) and I do not know why.
SPID shows 350, has a 350 (not original but was told it was a low mileage motor from another 72 C10 put in at the time it was restored. The fan is 18” and is 2.5 inches from the top of the shroud and about 3/4” from the bottom. It is a non clutch fan.

1. If I get a small block shroud, will the fan sit centered and then cool better due to filling the hole better?
2. I think I read there is an AC and non AC shroud?
3. Will the shroud bolt up with no other changes?
4. If I get a small block shroud and do the Jeep electric fan mod, will I need to change the pulley because it extends into the current shroud?

Thanks so much. I have tried to look up these questions on the forum but kind of a odd situation?
Chris
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Stewsclues is offline   Reply With Quote