The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-19-2007, 12:22 PM   #51
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

Re: 77 to 55 thanksgiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav View Post
tig i would of send the fund when the good old loonie was at 1.09 american
i think it's still 1.3 or 1.5....oh well...lol
tiggerstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #52
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

well, i had some time so i cleaned up the iner door parts, made some iner door pan's and had some fun with the latch pan, just need to finish the painting in the tigger, and add the words "Tigger's Toy! " to the other side.
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2007, 02:43 PM   #53
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerstoy View Post
ok...this part's gona suck!
Hey tiggerstoy,

I was able to fix that rusted out window part on my truck. Checked out my 58 link (page 3) below I hope it can help you out. I don't know from the pic if yours was worst then mine but mine was pretty bad. I had to make a piece to go all the way across that area and the only tools I used was a vice and hammer and dolly.

Last edited by Kabwe; 11-24-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:07 PM   #54
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabwe View Post
Hey tiggerstoy,

I was able to fix that rusted out window part on my truck. Checked out my 58 link (page 3) below I hope it can help you out. I don't know from the pick if yours was worst then mine but mine was pretty bad. I had to make a piece to go all the way across that area and the only tools I used was a vice and hammer and dolly.
you sure did a great repair on yours, not to mention the rest of the work you did, verry nice to say the least, but my roof is rusted in and out all the way accross and down the pillers, i have made some templates out of cardboard, but im hopeing to find another roof to graft to it, if not, then the repair will get started....thanks , and again, verry nice build you have there ....max.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #55
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

i'd just like to mention something here....i'v had a fue people say to me that im not doing my truck rite, or that im not doing my work, or my shop justice.......yes i know that im cutting some corners, and not makeing a show truck, i'd just like to say that i belive that if someone wants to do something to there own ride, i suport them, wether it's not the way i'd do it or not.
this is to be a daily driver as i said from the start, this cab, and most of the other parts were ready for the scrap pile, when this truck is done, i'll drive it with pride knowing that i built every part in and out without spending alot of my hard enred money that is to be used on the other 55 (the show truck if im lucky) and the new house in the new year.
so please, i allways listen to good addvice and sometimes bad...but i never insault someone for something they try to there own ride, i only ask the same in return....thank you, and i'm verry sory to everyone else that had to read this......max.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:37 PM   #56
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

just some ideas for the speaker grill's.
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2007, 06:43 PM   #57
54 jimmy

amen to that. I don't think that anyone should tell you or anyone else how to build their truck. I am building a 54 gmc and it's going to be a rat rod/daily driver. Plus I am building on a tight budget. So free or used parts are for me. your truck is great and it will be great in your eyes and the eyes of those who know that it was built with BLOOD,SWEAT,TEARS,AND PRIDE. So to those know it alls who don't think before they talk, you can learn some valuable moral charachters from guys like tiggerstory. keep up the great work and inspiration to the young new gents like me to do with what we have and be proud of what we have accomplished. thanks again for the great build to follow.
54 jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #58
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Well thanks a lot for your comments on my truck build. Like I said I could not tell from your pics if yours was worst than mine. I'm sorry to hear that it is. Good luck finding another roof and I know you willl find one. I think you are right to find another roof, since the pillars, and inside and out are rusted. Don't worry about what others say about your build if they are not trying to help the heck with them. Do your own thing man thats what this is all about.

Last edited by Kabwe; 11-25-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:46 PM   #59
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

Great build you have going there keep up the good work.

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:52 PM   #60
magsnubby

Hey tig,
Screw what other people think or say. It's your truck. Build it how you think is right. From what i've saw you can park it in my driveway anytime.
magsnubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:16 AM   #61
CAL 58 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsnubby View Post
Hey tig,
Screw what other people think or say. It's your truck. Build it how you think is right. From what i've saw you can park it in my driveway anytime.
I agree 100% with you magnubby, build them the way you want and if someone else don't like it then ^#@* them.
CAL 58 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:11 AM   #62
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

thank's allot guys, i realy did not whant to put that on my threard, but im happy with the way things are going on this 55, and i hope that some of the people that said sertan things about mt build reads the things you all have said, again thank you.....max.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:36 PM   #63
55dude

the only reason they were built the way they were is it was called PAYDAY! until somebody pays me to build my truck they can kiss my ....! utilizing the parts you have access to is "BUILDING GREEN" as this seems to be the right thing to do according to the media. call it what it is RECYCLING!
55dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:56 PM   #64
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

well again thank you, and i'd like to think at least this 55 will be back on the road, and after the other 55 is done, im sure i'll strip this one back down to do it over to become one sweet ride
Old 11-26-2007, 11:16 AM   #65
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

staeted the repair on the fenders, cant see much in the pics, but lots of dents and holes around the headlight area.....patch and a shot of prime to see the line.
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2007, 10:15 PM   #66
56hotrodred

I am greatly impressed with your build project. Shows a lot of good old fashion Canadian ingenuity. Some of you guys are truly amazing. After reading your thread I went out and sanded for the rest of the day. Winter now has me slowed down a little bit. If you ever get cruisin around Waterton Park down in the SW corner of Alberta give me a call.

Last edited by 56hotrodred; 11-29-2007 at 10:17 PM. Reason: poor spelling
56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:27 PM   #67
spaz109

I think I will be trying to do the same thing for my dad. However, I will be using an 89 as my donor truck. If you hadn't cut the floor, would your 55 body sit down on the frame. I'm doing my swap to surprise my dad, so I don't want to cut his truck up to make it work. But I do want to make it driveable...practically.

I started my own thread elsewhere in the forum...not tryin to steal your thread if you could let me know how the fitment was.

Thanks
spaz109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:50 AM   #68
56hotrodred

There is lots of info out there on doing what you want to do. I am putting a 56 1/2 ton on an 80 1/2 swb. I am not too sure about your year of frame. Look deeper here and also chevy talk forum.
56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:26 AM   #69
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56hotrodred View Post
I am greatly impressed with your build project. Shows a lot of good old fashion Canadian ingenuity. Some of you guys are truly amazing. After reading your thread I went out and sanded for the rest of the day. Winter now has me slowed down a little bit. If you ever get cruisin around Waterton Park down in the SW corner of Alberta give me a call.
thank you, the snow has me at a stop till im in the new house, but im now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel..lol, i will be takeing this truck all over alberta next summer, i'll pop in to say howdy ....max.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:30 AM   #70
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz109 View Post
I think I will be trying to do the same thing for my dad. However, I will be using an 89 as my donor truck. If you hadn't cut the floor, would your 55 body sit down on the frame. I'm doing my swap to surprise my dad, so I don't want to cut his truck up to make it work. But I do want to make it driveable...practically.

I started my own thread elsewhere in the forum...not tryin to steal your thread if you could let me know how the fitment was.

Thanks
i wish i could give you the measurments for the 89, but im not sure, i know that if you don't cut the cab, the truck will need to be lowerd if not it will look like a 4x4.......but i'd ask your dad first.
there are some threads on here of people who have done the cab swap, and they mite now better, and they have done great jobs, good luck....max.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:10 PM   #71
spaz109

Thanks Max! The 89 is sitting in the back lot at work, I want to buy it from a coworker if I deem the swap do-able...so getting measurements isn't tough. I do plan on lowering the truck...so hopefully it won't look too 4x4ish.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:41 AM   #72
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

if you can see it in your head first, than it CAN be done.....im sure that if you drop the 89, and do just a cab and front end swap, you'll do just find, please let me know how your doing on it, and if there's anything i can do to help, i'd be more than happy to.....and keep in mind that there are others that have done what your thinking of, i just wish i can remember who they are.....but lot's of guy's on here are full of info, and are more than happy to help.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:00 AM   #73
spaz109

I think it will work great...I like posting i forums though to help flush out little gremlins. Someone commented in my other post about where the engine sits...when I visited the 56 it's hood was not wanting to open...so getting any measurements there was a little difficult. You think the engine would really be that different???
Old 12-03-2007, 12:21 PM   #74
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

are you going to run the 89 350?...ther are other firewalls you can use, or you can move the engine mounts forwardsbut i dont think thats what you whant to do, if your useing the 89 frame and power trane, then you will whant to do some work on the firewall , lots of other people have done this and its not to hard.......hope this helps....max.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:03 PM   #75
spaz109

Yes, my plan is to use the entire drive train. My main goal is to get the truck so it can be driven down the street. My hope is that if it is mobile and can be moved in and out of his garage he'll keep it at his house and start tinkering with it. This way he can he can start prepping the inside/ outside of the cab for me to paint it, or rebuild the 350, or put an air-ride system on it etc. I believe he views the 56 as quite the large project (who am I kidding it is) but I'm hoping if I get the ball rolling so it won't be percieved as such a large task. The 350 is also a TBI so it will be easy to start, and I've seen some TBIs that are carberator look a likes...that might be kind of cool. The donor truck also has air...so with a little ingenuity I think I could make it work in the 56 cab.

Do you know what the dimension is betweet the stepwells? I think this will be the only hang up when sitting the 56 body down on the frame.

Thanks Max!