The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-27-2016, 11:21 AM   #1
SoCoC10

How to score free Blazer bucket seats and consol

Yesterday I went to the local Bass Pro Shops car show and a friend of mine shows up in a rat rodded out 65 C10 with a flat bed on it. We start checking the truck out and talking and I notice the truck has a set of really nice 1st gen Blazer buckets and center console in it. The console was black and the seats were white with grey inserts. Seats were complete with correct brackets, like new foam and upholstery. Turns out he got them for FREE!

Story is my friend, Jim was headed to a car show early one morning and noticed a mid 70s Firebird on the side of highway I25. Jim pulled over and offered to help the owner of the Firebird but they couldn't get it running. Jim then offered the guy a ride and ended up taking the guy to the Audi dealership here in town. Well turns out the guy is one of the sons of the owner of largest dealership group here in Colorado.

Jim said there was a couple of classic vehicles mid restoration in the shop including a 1st gen Blazer. The seats and console were on the floor next to the Blazer and the Blazer was getting all modern interior. Jim asked the guy what he was doing with the seats and console and the guy said, "I was going to throw them out, you can have them if you like?"

And that's how you score a set of Blazer buckets and a center console for free.
Attached Images

SoCoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 01:19 PM   #2
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Re: How to score free Blazer bucket seats and consol

That's a great story. Random act of kindness paid off. Now the buckets/console can be used to restore the interior of another Blazer with a customized interior

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 03:20 PM   #3
LuckyScott

I got a rear blazer seat from a guy that was going to upgrade to modern seats. I paid him $125 for a seat in decent condition with brackets and seat belts.
LuckyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 09:20 PM   #4
cleszkie

One man's trash is another man's treasure.....
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 10:40 AM   #5
SoCoC10

I helped a customer of mine with some small parts and some rust repair sheetmetal. He contacted me again asking if I knew of someone needing a bench seat? It just happens that I'm working on a 71 C10 Cheyenne and it has a mid to late 80's bench seat in it. We met yesterday and traded parts and some cash and I now have a correct seat for the Cheyenne.

After the deal was done, my customer told me he's putting a set of buckets and console from a 72 Blazer that his brother found in Northern New Mexico. The frames, foams and console are in excellent shape only needing new upholstery. He said he paid $150 for the set!

That's two sets of bucket seats and console for $150! Wow some guys have all the luck.
SoCoC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:52 PM   #6
twp1

Wish i could find some buckets seats for a 72!
twp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:47 PM   #7
72ironmike

Many years ago a friend of my brother's worked at a pretty exclusive country club in the KC MO area. They hold qualifiers for the U.S. Open Men's Golf Championships there. He found a perfect white with blue plaid Highlander Blazer seat in the trash bin !
72ironmike is offline   Reply With Quote