The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-24-2018, 10:30 PM   #1
chevlady

My mom thinks about me very well

My mom thinks about me very well,gives me a good name.She knows I am a great semi truck mechanic doing side work after work.She recommends me to other people and did it on Sunday,it was at a church she goes to.Knows a couple there very well and said they were looking for a good semi truck mechanic.Told their last one hit the road,he was screwing them.This couple called me and I came over on Sunday.Saw I knew what I was doing looking over two of their semi trucks both Kenworths.Both needed a little work and a service done.I got them both done yesterday and paid me on the spot loving my work.They have a farm and said I am their semi truck mechanic now.Saw I was honest and don't put in parts that are not needed.The husband saw my Marines sticker on my truck,told him served 8 years and threw a new Marines to me.I thought that was cool.Found out he served too,4 years in the Marines
chevlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:58 AM   #2
yuccales

Re: My mom thinks about me very well

Word of mouth goes a long way. You treat people with respect and honesty, and you will be busy as can be. Sounds like you're doing good.
yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:48 AM   #3
chevlady

Doing good so far,I also service semi trucks for a couple more farms.This latest one,the wife sent me to her brother.Checked his out yesterday,his complaint was a lack of power and found his to be a fuel filter that had to be changed.It was serviced last week and they never replaced the fuel filter.Going there after work today to replace it.
chevlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:33 PM   #4
a1vintage69

Good for you Chevylady, Seems like you are well qualified and can be trusted and that goes a very long ways with people these days. also I had the same problem on my Duramax last month. them filters need changed frequently. Had to take my inner fender well off to get a better qrib on that filter. I had a good mechanic helping. We also did a fuel injection cleanse using the GM injection cleaner run through the fuel lines out of a gallon jug for 45 minutes. That worked wonders on my injectors. If you haven't done it do a google search . stops the engine from smoking.
a1vintage69 is offline   Reply With Quote