The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-04-2017, 11:02 AM   #1
abig84

cant quick disconnect heater hose

meant to say cant FIND...

1991 chevy silverado 350

on the back passenger side of the motor there is a quick disconnect fitting that looks like this

im having no issues finding that fitting, but cant find the short metal/rubber hose that goes into that then into the heatercore.

just wondering if anyone ran into this before? it would be nice if they sold that fitting with just a nipple on the end to hose clamp directly to it. bought the engine out of the truck so the hose is cut right at the crimp so cant even put a double barb fitting in there
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:28 AM   #2
70c10guy

Re: cant quick disconnect heater hose

The fitting itself has 1/2" threads on it. Go to a hardware store and get a 1/2" fitting with a hose barb on one end and instead of buying the correct hose that has the metal in it to connect to the quick disconnect just get regular heater hose and use that instead.
70c10guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:15 PM   #3
petee

I have been thinking about putting this on, Mine had failed a few times. http://www.getfast1.com/PSS-1004-P-S...ng_p_2731.html
petee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:09 PM   #4
abig84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70c10guy View Post
The fitting itself has 1/2" threads on it. Go to a hardware store and get a 1/2" fitting with a hose barb on one end and instead of buying the correct hose that has the metal in it to connect to the quick disconnect just get regular heater hose and use that instead.
thats pretty much what i ended up doing but i swiped it out of another 350 i had laying around. you know you have to much crap when you completely forgot about a engine you have.

the broken thing i was looking for

and the piece i took out of the other engine, looks like someone else did that idea as its two adapters in one

this will probably work out better as this engine is going into a 50s truck and doubtful it would have worked well anyways. sorry for wasting time, found that fitting yesterday while messing around in the garage
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote