The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2018, 11:46 PM   #1
stexag

Engine height and output shaft angle

Guys, I am having an issue with the the angle my 5.3 is mounted on my truck.

I have a 68 C10 that I removed the 6 from and am installing a 5.3/4L60E combination. I swapped the front crossmember from an 80s truck for the disc brakes. Other components include:

CPP sheet metal engine stands, Dirty Dingo Sliding adapter plates, & Energy suspension 'low & wide' SBC engine mounts

For a transmission mount I used the Early Classic 63-72 Auto trans xmember

The engine sits incredibly steep. With the frame level and the transmission mount (energy suspension) sitting right on the X member it was about 8*. I shimmed the transmission up almost an inch to get it to 5* but it is pretty high. I haven't set the cab on yet but I suspect I will have clearance issues the way it is now because I already have a problem at the middle crossmember with the driveline. I have checked this angle on the back of the output shaft and on the front crank pulley and they agree. I have heard the CPP engine stands can leave the engine a little high but I am currently just 1/2" between the pan and the steering link. If I could get the engine down that 1/2" I think I'd really need to do the same in the rear - still maintaining my 5*.

Has anyone had similar issues or does anyone recognize where I may have mismatched some components that could have contributed to such a steep engine mount? thanks.
stexag is offline   Reply With Quote