The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2010, 06:22 AM   #1
Number21

C60 nose job on a square body?

I'm building a shop truck with a flat bed. Probably a big block, geared to tow a house. I want a big 4WD truck but it's also 99% a street truck. I'd like large tires and wheels, like from a semi and a body lift to make them fit. I also want to build a big custom push bumper.

I believe I have just described a C60. So why not get one I started thinking? Well, I want a '73/74 pickup cab anyway, so I don't have to deal with the emissions nazis. But, I'm also starting to think insurance and registration on a "C10" cost a lot less than a "C60".

Somewhere I read about putting a C60 front clip onto a "light duty" truck. Does anybody know anymore info about this? I understand the light duty/heavy duty cabs are not exactly the same even though the dash and doors are. Did they all come with the flip open nose or was that just an option?

Also, I'm just curious, did Chevy ever produce the C60 (or others in the size range) in 4WD in the 70s/80s? (K60?)

You can set my truck on fire and roll it down a hill,
and I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe de Ville.
Number21 is offline   Reply With Quote