The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-01-2022, 02:35 PM   #3251
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Drove out to the Thousand Oaks Mall and looked around at a bunch of old cars and trucks. Some guy had 3 Hudsons there.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 06:16 PM   #3252
72c20customcamper

The tag along cart tire kept going flat figured it needed a new tube . Well the inside was so rusted it popped the tube . Went to three different places no deal non in stock . So I ground it down and used flex seal liquid rubber . I have to say I’ve been using this stuff a lot . It ain’t pretty but it shouldn’t pop the tube anymore .
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 07:20 PM   #3253
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Man, living here in the desert has its advantages. That thing could sit outside for years with no tire on it, and not get that bad. Now, I'm drinking a beer, because the bottled water is too expensive...

J/K, I only drink bottled water when I have to, and I buy it at CostCo, for really cheap. We still have tap water, so far.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 10-02-2022, 01:19 AM   #3254
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Man, living here in the desert has its advantages. That thing could sit outside for years with no tire on it, and not get that bad. Now, I'm drinking a beer, because the bottled water is too expensive...

J/K, I only drink bottled water when I have to, and I buy it at CostCo, for really cheap. We still have tap water, so far.
That's what I keep telling my wife. Beer is healthier than the water here.

When the water company sends you a warning about the water it's time to get bottled water. I only drink Sparkletts water. I won't even give my dogs that poison that comes out of the tap.

If the water company says the water is bad I have a tendency to believe them.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 01:42 AM   #3255
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Man, living here in the desert has its advantages. That thing could sit outside for years with no tire on it, and not get that bad. N.
Yeah. You don't see a lot of rust here. My 63 Bug sat in a field for 39 years and has no rust. Just a lot of dirt. That's okay. Better than replacing rusted sheet metal.

But the sun does microwave your upholstery and stuff like that.

Today. I was chopping an onion and I managed to slice the dickens out of my finger. No biggie. It was a clean cut. My knife is really sharp. I just had it sharpened. The guy did a good job. It's plenty sharp. I didn't even feel it but it kind of smarts now.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 10-02-2022, 06:57 AM   #3256
special-K
Special Order

We get rust like that from trapped moisture. If that wheel sat outside bare it never would pit like that, except maybe what sank into the ground.

Having good water I can drink from the tap has it's advantages. Years ago we had a cooler and had 5 gallon jugs of spring water delivered. But I used tap water to fill my Igloo cooler for work. Guys on the job were always drinking it and commenting on how good it was. They'd ask if it was spring water. The cooler took up room in the kitchen and so did the spare jugs, had to pay for that water & cooler monthly, and it used extra electricity. I was drinking tap water all day long at work. Got rid of that cooler and put a slimline water jug with spigot in the fridge.

Years ago one day, I came home to find the garden hose laying along the driveway without the spray nozzle and figured the kids were messing around. I put the nozzle back on and went into the cellar to turn the water back on. Nothing, they had left the hose running and drained the well! As I recall, I was taking a shower within an hour.

I buy a case of spring water every year to take to Carlisle Trucks in August. It's hot and lots of thirsty people. I offer it up and usually use it up. I'll keep a couple leftovers to use as ice packs for my lunch cooler. It keeps my tap water in a glass jar nice and chilly.
Now about that rust. I hate it!!! I've been to the dry states and seen the old vehicles with no rust. I went when young and have always hoped to move back there so I could drive old vehicles all year 'round the rest of my life. Your house is your biggest investment and then comes the vehicles. That would have been a huge financial advantage for me to have moved back. My wife would say, "I'm not moving out there just so your old trucks won't rust". So I started looking at places they didn't rust as fast, like AR and the S/E where it's more like here. I had a down payment and making payments on a place in western NC when she left. Lost it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 10:58 AM   #3257
72c20customcamper

To be fair the trailer is 20 plus years old and it’s been outside all its life

My water comes out of the mountain I have a cistern that it fills and a jet pump to pressurize the house. Only time I buy water is like Tim said Carlisle or other trips . But my wife does bring gallons of our water with us when it’s gone we hit the store
1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:05 PM   #3258
mr.mud1

we got hammered about 10 days ago or so with Hurricane Fiona,had no power for about 5 days,some folks to the east of here,still without power and crews from all over working on the situation.we didn't have much damage here but the new greenhouse i had built for my wife in the spring,took off in the wind.i found it the next morning down over a bank heading towards a stream,laying on it's side and was probably 60 feet from where it was supposed to be.i was so discouraged i didn't climb down to look at it for about a week.the man who built it stopped by and we thought we'd try to get it back up the hill,sure that whatever the ride in didn't destroy,the ride out would?well it came up the hill hooked to some chain and the tractor slicker than i ever thought it would?in a few hours we had it up the hill,leveled the pad back up and had it sitting on it's feet.amazing.there are some broken clear panels and a huge mess inside to clean up but the damage is not severe at all.we were lucky.
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 11:14 PM   #3259
Boog
laying low

Maybe auger in some anchors now?
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 11:49 PM   #3260
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Maybe auger in some anchors now?
yes sir,that's exactly what i plan to do.we're leaving for Ohio on Saturday so there won't be time before we go,but it's on my to-do list for when we get back.this sucker isn't going anywhere again.take care.Greg
Old 10-05-2022, 01:42 AM   #3261
68bowtie

Before you had a greenhouse. Now you have a greenhouse with character, and a cool story. That’s amazing it survived that.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 06:34 AM   #3262
4u2nv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mud1 View Post
yes sir,that's exactly what i plan to do.we're leaving for Ohio on Saturday so there won't be time before we go,but it's on my to-do list for when we get back.this sucker isn't going anywhere again.take care.Greg
I would have that guy build something for me any day , it handled that ride very well , down and back up
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 06:40 AM   #3263
special-K
Special Order

I was thinking about you when Fiona was heading your way. I wondered how you made out. Our news dropped that story as soon as she passed to the north. A thing I dislike about news coverage. They report the hardship of those affected on the storm's way here and once it's passed, "Oh, they'll be alright up there". Time to start another story.

That's great your greenhouse survived so well and that was the worst of it

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 10-05-2022, 08:09 AM   #3264
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
Before you had a greenhouse. Now you have a greenhouse with character, and a cool story. That’s amazing it survived that.
yes sir.it's all good,a 100 years from now,we'll look back at this and laugh.
take care.Greg
Old 10-05-2022, 08:41 AM   #3265
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mud1 View Post
yes sir.it's all good,a 100 years from now,we'll look back at this and laugh.
take care.Greg
This was a historic storm for you, as far as tropical storms go. I wouldn't hurry about bolting that down. You probably have a good 100 years before the next one

Tim

Old 10-05-2022, 09:26 AM   #3266
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Yeah, that guy could build for me, too! Good that you came out OK.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 10-05-2022, 10:45 AM   #3267
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
I would have that guy build something for me any day , it handled that ride very well , down and back up
Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I was thinking about you when Fiona was heading your way. I wondered how you made out. Our news dropped that story as soon as she passed to the north. A thing I dislike about news coverage. They report the hardship of those affected on the storm's way here and once it's passed, "Oh, they'll be alright up there". Time to start another story.

That's great your greenhouse survived so well and that was the worst of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
This was a historic storm for you, as far as tropical storms go. I wouldn't hurry about bolting that down. You probably have a good 100 years before the next one
Quote:
Yeah, that guy could build for me, too! Good that you came out OK.
yes,we made out pretty good.the man who built the greenhouse is the same guy who built my new shop 2 years ago,then came back to build a garden shed for mowers and stuff,then again this past spring for the new greenhouse.he does great work,fast and evidently strong?
Fiona was going to,according to the predictions,hit very close to us but changed course heading more to the east.that was good for us but folks to the east got hammered.there are power crews working here from all over New England,Quebec,New Brunswick,Newfoundland and Prince Edward Island,still folks without power,10 days now.Port Aux Basques,Newfoundland got it worst than anybody i think.there were homes near the ocean washed away,it looks like Florida,i don't know how people recover but they do?i think there was 1 lady killed there when her house collapsed and it along with her,washed out to sea.my wife came home from work the other night,the same night we got power back,with a load of coffee for crews from New England and Quebec working a few miles from here where they're were a number of power poles down,wires laying on the road,and a million trees down but they were gone and as she got home,the power came back on.great work.we got hammered with Hurrican Juan about 18 or 20 years ago,it came ashore in Halifax,when we lived there.my dad was down at the his boat club worrying about his boat and was staying all night to make sure it stayed afloat and tied up.the storm surge came in,covered every car in the parking lot with salt water and water right about to the main building at the boat club,probably 200 feet from the water.unreal.it landed at a place called Point Pleasant Park at the mouth of Halifax Harbour.the park was a gift to the people of Nova Scotia a couple hundred years ago from Queen Victoria.70,000 trees were destroyed.it looked like a bomb went off.they say it'll take a 100 years for the park to recover.i will go tie this greenhouse down as soon as we get back from Ohio,just incase it's not a 100 years til the next one.take care all.Greg
Old 10-05-2022, 03:45 PM   #3268
72c20customcamper

Won’t have to worry about the 4x4 linkage on my dodge anymore. All Stainless
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:33 PM   #3269
4u2nv

Out on the boat today and I would think for the last time this year
Was a great day 74 degrees
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2022, 08:39 PM   #3270
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Not much for boats or even fishing, but that is a nice picture.

Also, the renters moved out about a week ahead of the sheriff, and I was over today doing some clean-up and installing new smoke/CO detectors which seem to have grown legs. Who steals safety equipment? You people who rent property see this kind of behavior? Used the shop vac to suck the STINKY water out of the dishwasher. It must have quit working during the time they weren't paying rent. If they called us with a problem, I was all over it, as soon as possible. I just don't get people, sometimes. We're done with this rental stuff. Also going to have to rent a dumpster for the %%%% they left behind.

Simi Valley, CA

Last edited by Steeveedee; 10-05-2022 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:33 AM   #3271
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Not much for boats or even fishing, but that is a nice picture.

Also, the renters moved out about a week ahead of the sheriff, and I was over today doing some clean-up and installing new smoke/CO detectors which seem to have grown legs. Who steals safety equipment? You people who rent property see this kind of behavior? Used the shop vac to suck the STINKY water out of the dishwasher. It must have quit working during the time they weren't paying rent. If they called us with a problem, I was all over it, as soon as possible. I just don't get people, sometimes. We're done with this rental stuff. Also going to have to rent a dumpster for the %%%% they left behind.
No rentals for me. I'm selling mine. My cousin didn't take care of my place like I thought and I gave him 5 months to move. He pitched a fit and left a bunch of %%%% behind. Thanks a lot. I only gave him a great deal for 6 years. I guess that there's no pleasing some people. Now I have to paint everything in and out and fix a bunch of stuff. $$$$ No more rentals for me either. I'll raise pigs instead. They're cleaner. I had just remodeled that place when he moved in. Now I have to do it again. Cross him off my Christmas card list.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 10-06-2022, 07:49 AM   #3272
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
Out on the boat today and I would think for the last time this year
Was a great day 74 degrees
Nice nice nice. It has been 20* below normal here as a result of the remnants of Ian stalled off our coast for four days. The rain stopped yesterday in the morning, but the clouds stayed. Might have hit 60*.

I got back to my summer kitchen repair job for the afternoon. First time I could work since Friday. I got the last two sets of rafters up and planking nailed down. Ran a few boards short.

I got a picture the end of the day Friday. Came out blurry. Here are better progress pictures earlier in the day
Attached Images

Tim

Old 10-07-2022, 02:20 PM   #3273
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Doing some shady shiz to my new Camaro yesterday… GM accessories Dovetail spoiler install… drilling holes in a 13 year old car with only 3,000 miles on it took some brass balls. The template helped a lot. Still need to get the new stripes made and a few other things done before it’s mounted up final. None of the bolts for the end pieces or the main spoiler are present in the pictures so the alignment looks bad. It’s perfect when you tighten everything up.
Attached Images

‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 07:47 PM   #3274
mr.mud1

this afternoon after my wife got home from work,i loaded up her car for a roadtrip starting tomorrow morning,bright and early.we're taking off for a run to Medina,Ohio to see old friends who were supposed to come here this summer but the man is sick,fighting cancer and not doing well,so if he and his wife can't get here,we'll get to him.i'm not looking forward to this but i am.we'd like to see them but it's going to the hardest thing leaving to head home,knowing we're not likely to see him again.terrible.
Old 10-08-2022, 06:25 AM   #3275
4u2nv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Doing some shady shiz to my new Camaro yesterday… GM accessories Dovetail spoiler install… drilling holes in a 13 year old car with only 3,000 miles on it took some brass balls. The template helped a lot. Still need to get the new stripes made and a few other things done before it’s mounted up final. None of the bolts for the end pieces or the main spoiler are present in the pictures so the alignment looks bad. It’s perfect when you tighten everything up.

Yep cross your fingers and hope for the best , I think you know what your doing or you wouldn't attempt it.
Should look good when all finished , what colour stripes are in the plan ??