The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-05-2018, 05:02 PM   #1
63frankintruck

Where does Red Wires go? 04 Sierra

Where do these 2 wires go from around my fuse box area on the driver side
I remove my left fender and fuse box and putting new fender on now I can’t remember where these two red wires with terminals go.
please see picture.

Any help is much appreciated
thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by 63frankintruck; 10-05-2018 at 09:01 PM.
63frankintruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:17 PM   #2
LH Lead-Foot

Re: Where does Red Wires go? 04 Sierra

I tell my son to take photo before he disassembles his vehicle for obvious reasons. I don't need more to do...Is my answer.

Until I get my screen to quit going black on second laptop of 3, that now doesn't work, I would use GM eSI to tell you, but one is hot from the battery/engine red block and goes on the terminals post closest to the headlight. The other is hot with the key on, engine off, and goes on the right side terminal post closest to the windshield. It probably won't work until the battery wire is hooked up first.

One half of the under-hood fuse/relay center, while the other half is hot with the key. But, considering the time since this was posted, I would hope you got it fixed and just did not tell us.

I did a head gasket on a Renault Fuego. Coolant hoses everywhere. In the same day going back together, I felt the hoses would fall back into place. They didn't. I drove to a used car lot with a pad of paper and pen, drew a picture, fixed the car and never worked on one again. The Lancia-Bata was much easier.

Hope you got it going.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:43 PM   #3
63frankintruck

Re: Where does Red Wires go? 04 Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by LH Lead-Foot View Post
I tell my son to take photo before he disassembles his vehicle for obvious reasons. I don't need more to do...Is my answer.

Until I get my screen to quit going black on second laptop of 3, that now doesn't work, I would use GM eSI to tell you, but one is hot from the battery/engine red block and goes on the terminals post closest to the headlight. The other is hot with the key on, engine off, and goes on the right side terminal post closest to the windshield. It probably won't work until the battery wire is hooked up first.

One half of the under-hood fuse/relay center, while the other half is hot with the key. But, considering the time since this was posted, I would hope you got it fixed and just did not tell us.

I did a head gasket on a Renault Fuego. Coolant hoses everywhere. In the same day going back together, I felt the hoses would fall back into place. They didn't. I drove to a used car lot with a pad of paper and pen, drew a picture, fixed the car and never worked on one again. The Lancia-Bata was much easier.

Hope you got it going.
I figured they go on the tow post under the fuse box cover (each had their own size) and I bolted them on that way. So far its running good. Thanks for the help
63frankintruck is offline   Reply With Quote