The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2018, 10:59 PM   #1
rainamy

1973 - 1974 GMC tailgate question & what's it worth?

Whelp, somewhat of a repost - my membership had expired by about a week and rather than reminding me (because I’m too stupid to remember it myself), someone took it upon himself to be a jerk and never did what he said he would - namely being restore the questions in my thread that had nothing to do with a casual mention I might not keep it.

Because of that, if anyone had posted tips or answers about the gate, please repost. I cannot see any of it.

So... Anyone know for sure how those letters are attached on the tailgate - adhesive? Studs w/ nuts? Something else?

Does it make more sense to break it up in pieces or is any particular part more/less desirable than the others?

New questions:

Whats this thing worth these days? Either whole, or in 3 parts - gmc letters, blank trim band, and gate itself. Really don't know much about them.

As for condition, it's nice, but not perfect.

Emblems: nice color on striping, but have a couple tiny marks

Trim band: needs to be polished, and has one tiny ding under the handle that is only visible at the right angle

Gate: has a couple spots where there was a ding in the metal from inside the bed; the lower trim strip was off when I got it, but, can be included. Gate appears to have had a 3" "protector" strip over the upper edge like what would come with a bedliner. Paint has scratches and patina in spots, especially from that protector.

See pics:
Attached Images

Last edited by leddzepp; 05-21-2018 at 10:39 PM.
rainamy is offline   Reply With Quote