The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-22-2005, 02:42 AM   #1
nmaggie99

Question EFI Fuel Tank / EFI Wiring (TBI) Qst

Guys and Gals,

I am currently working on a 72 4X4 Blazer and am installing a complete motor, trans, transfer case (NP241) from a '91 Blazer that I am parting out. I have everything ready to install but have questions concerning the install of a electronic fuel pump for the TBI. Other than using the stock tank with an in-line aftermarket pump, can I use the '91 tank complete??? It appears that it is to long (front to rear). How have others done this??? Problems?

Also concerning wiring.... I still have the '91 and all the wiring. I pulled the engine harness (Computer to fuse-box) and am working on the removal of the under-dash harness. This is where it gets complicated.... Has anybody done this as well or should I cough up the $289 for a Painless harness?????? What speedos work with the electronic outout on the 241???

Thanks for the help in advance.... My goal is to install next week and have running by August....
nmaggie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:45 AM   #2
Chevy Muscle
< 69 Blazer

Welcome to the board. Any pics of your blazer??????

As far as answers, I see you already know your options. I'm planning to do a similar thing with my 69 K5 so I'd be interested in seeing response.

However, I would guess that the Painless harness will make the install easier..... you just gotta decide how much your fustration is worth ($289?). Can you take the in-tank fuel pump out of the '91 tank and get it to work in your '72 tank?
Chevy Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote