The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-15-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
iluvmy72

The awesome durability of our burbs

I have 3 suburban's....1991, 1994, and 1996....my 1991 is my personal 4wd project hat is now housing a 1998 7.4 vortec. It is a few months away to being ready. The 1994 is a 3/4 ton with a TBI 454. It is a little tired but is in ok shape. The 1996 is a 1/2 ton with a 5.7 vortec. With the 1994 and the 1996, my **** list grows and grows. And this has nothing to do with drive train. This last week is the AC. The core is inside of the firewall and I have to replace it. This was easier with our square bodies to get to. I know our engine compartments are longer and this change was needed with the shorter nose. The climate controls. Almost everyone I know has had to get another one with the 95's and up. Then there are things like door panels and the doors no longer closing all of the way because of bushings. And how about the head light switches and controls for the wiper motors?....I have had to replace all of this crap the last 3 years. I could be wrong but I don't think I will have to deal with these issues on the square body style. Most of the stuff I mentioned seem to be better made all around. And a FYI. I was looking inside from the rear of the 91 the other day....it's not even close to being square on the inside. It is barrel shaped on the sides from top to bottom. Gives lots of room!!!!
iluvmy72 is offline   Reply With Quote