The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-12-2019, 06:31 PM   #1
Andy4639
Old member

Talking I love old school

Went over to my friends shop to get his welding bottled filled to start welding on the 68 today. While I was there he gave me another little cool tool.

The best part is it works!
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 06:57 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: I love old school

That's pretty neat. I always thought the way to test those is throw it away and put a new one on. If vehicle runs properly then the module was bad.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:49 PM   #3
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: I love old school

Well I went over this afternoon when it warmed up to 40* outside and worked on the 68. I welded up 3 places in the cab that needed fixing. I also was given another old school HEI distributor Mallory new still in the box. This should work good with the GM ignition box.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:15 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Nice. I hated to see Mallory go. That was my go to hi-performance ignition brand.

I have a piece of shop equipment someone gave me. I can't recall what it is at the moment. Maybe an analyzer? I have to take a look. I'd like to get rid of it. I think (I hope) people like to collect that kind of stuff.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 11-15-2019, 08:16 AM   #5
4u2nv

That's a friend to keep !!!!
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:06 PM   #6
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: I love old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
That's a friend to keep !!!!
I agree he has been a good friend for over 30 years. I built my red 71 in his shop back in the day when we put a 305 TPI motor in it when nobody else had ever done it but Street & Performance.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 11-16-2019, 08:00 PM   #7
Andy4639
Old member

I got these yesterday. Carburator adjusters.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 11-16-2019, 08:04 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

What's he doing? Cleaning up his garage? You are at the right place at the right time.

Tim

Old 11-17-2019, 07:28 AM   #9
Andy4639
Old member

Wink Re: I love old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
What's he doing? Cleaning up his garage? You are at the right place at the right time.
My good friend and best mechanic I have ever meet is 70 years old. He had to close his shop down almost 3 years ago because of a heart attack. He reopened it for a while after he got better but had another one so he shut the door's for good. He has had 2 more since. They finally did open heart surgery on him. Twice they had to go in and fix him.

He has been a great friend to our family ever since we meet in 1984. He has taught me how to do all the mechanic work that I do and I have spent many day's and nights with him in his shop working with him on his hot rods and customer cars are mine whatever needed fixing. He is the man who talked me into putting the 305 TPI in my 71 C 10 back years ago.
He also went through the GM training school in Charlotte when my dad was head instructor for Chevy division there. He has certificates signed by my dad.
He is in the process of selling his building and all his tools. He has not had many takers though on it. He has a contract on the building and property so he is having to clean out the shop. Suppose to be out by Dec 31 2019, his three kids don't have no interest in it at all. They want come around unless they need their vehicle fixed. They all are good kids just no interest in the shop. I've not asked for the first thing, he just hands it to me and said I know you will appreciate it.
My daughter has been cleaning it up for him as I work on her truck. She hauled 2 truck loads of trash off Friday and swept the whole place up. He can't do it and I figured we can so we been cleaning up as we go. He get's tired quickly and has to sit down.
He has tried to get me to buy the place but at my age I don't want to go in debt for it. Even though I really could use it and probably make money with it.
Sorry for the long post but just felt I needed to tell his story.
Oh he is selling his pride & joy 65 Lemans to. I hate it for him but he can't drive it with the 4 speed anymore. His leg can't push the clutch in.
It's a sweet car, if I had a place for it I would buy it.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 11-17-2019, 08:41 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

I think I remember you showing his car before. I like everything about it. He did a nice job building what could have been to look factory. The kind of custom that doesn't jump out at you.

I kinda figured your neighbor was doing some kind of moving on but I wasn't going to start guessing. That was up to you to tell and thanks for sharing. This is a big change for you. I had my neighbor Eddie since '86, when I moved here, right across the meadow always building cars and trucks with his friends, including me. Drank a couple beers with him, too. Electrical was his specialty. He worked for a union sign shop wiring them up. He retired a few years ago and moved around the Conway, SC area. It's not the same living here any more.

Tim

Old 11-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #11
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I think I remember you showing his car before. I like everything about it. He did a nice job building what could have been to look factory. The kind of custom that doesn't jump out at you.

I kinda figured your neighbor was doing some kind of moving on but I wasn't going to start guessing. That was up to you to tell and thanks for sharing. This is a big change for you. I had my neighbor Eddie since '86, when I moved here, right across the meadow always building cars and trucks with his friends, including me. Drank a couple beers with him, too. Electrical was his specialty. He worked for a union sign shop wiring them up. He retired a few years ago and moved around the Conway, SC area. It's not the same living here any more.
Well Bill has lived here all his life. He has never owned a house outside of Pickens county SC. Heck he has only been to the beach a few times in his life. I hope he will come down next summer and spend some time with us at our place. Tell your friend Eddie to look me up I'm not far from Conway if you speak to him.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club