The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-28-2018, 01:24 AM   #1
Hawssie

Front Pass seat floor bracket

I hope this isn't a common or easy to figure out question, but anyways I am going through one of my long overdue projects which is a 72 Blazer. I will be putting it on a Rotisserie soon. It was partially dismantled about 12 years ago, and parts moved around a lot and I am going thru all my parts trying to figure out whats what, and what I need to keep my eyes open for. I have 2 72 Blazers but both happen to have all of the seats/brackets out. Anyways I have 5 sets of bucket seats and found 2 sets of sliding driver and 2 sets of Pass flip brackets , which is what I need, but what bolts to the floor to except the locking mechanism on the pass side? It looks like there is one bolt hole in the floor that this part mounts to? Or am I missing something?
Anyone have a picture or description, so I know what I am looking for? Also are the long metal strips for the carpet/side panel on CST's available? I only found one complete set and they are rusty. I guess I could have them re chromed. I did find a pair of those fancy tow hooks which is nice. Its weird because although I have been into 67-72s since they were new, I haven't worked on any for 12-15 years and now going through some of these parts, a lot of which I accumulated 20-25 yrs ago, with many new old stock and I am now realizing a lot of this stuff is now harder to find then when I last looked at them! Thanks Nick
Hawssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:52 AM   #2
ls1nova71

Re: Front Pass seat floor bracket

I think this is the seat bracket youre talking about, the seat latches to it. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=706662

As for those chrome strips, they dont reproduce them and they're hard to find in good shape.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:22 AM   #3
pound41

I have a 71 and it has a bracket mounted to the frame
It has holes and the nuts that bracket actually mounts to.
pound41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:33 AM   #4
Hawssie

Thanks for the reply I can't believe this is flumizing me so, I was pretty busy today but Iquickly looked at both my 72s and they both seem to have just one bolt hole on the area of the floor where the mystery bracket i guess bolts to. I will get some pictures tomorrow and also put the seat in there with the bracket set up I have and see if I can make more sense of it all, and pay attention to where the latch contacts related to the floor. The picture you provided of the bracket the guy is/was reproducing looks maybe right but it also seems to have 2 holes for mounting and if I remember right his bracket has a catch that appears that it would accept a different type of latch then mine, hard to explain. I did find another now third set of front and rear blazer bucket seat brackets and all 3 pairs are the same.
Hawssie is offline   Reply With Quote