The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #176
Crumley

Re: 72 GMC 4x4 rebuild

10-4 its not hard to modify, pretty streight foward. The gap between the hood and grill is approx 1"-2". When I get in from work tomorrow I will get some pictures of the gap between the hood and grill. Correct I took the trim off the fernders also. It just looked better that way.
Crumley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #177
RShaips

I agree, lokks cleaner!
RShaips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #178
Crumley

Here are some pictures of the hood to grill gap:
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #179
RShaips

Thanks, I think I will do that to mine if I can find a hood.
RShaips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:06 AM   #180
Crumley

Hello everyone....I haven't been on this site in a while. I have been busy working in Utah. It definitely beautiful out here...After surfing thru this site makes me want to restore another 67-72 pickup. Oh by the way the GMC has been sold to a lucky gentleman here in SLC. He got a darn good truck. When i get back home I will be looking for another 1967-1972 truck to restore.

Keep the builds going.
Crumley
Old 05-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #181
Mr-Jack
Beer Drink'n Knuckle Dragger

Damn Crumley...sorry to hear you got rid of it...damn nice pickup you built...i'm in the initial stages right now of re-building mine, but i'm getting the stance down and then when my house is done being built, i'll roll it into the shop and get her torn all the way down to really get my hands dirty.

Link in my signature. still working on it, but loved reading your thread again. do you have any pictures of the radiator core support from when you built this truck by chance?

Jack
Mr-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:22 AM   #182
mjensen

That was a way nice GMC. Sounds like it should be roaming around here locally then

'69 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 Build Thread
mjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #183
Crumley

Mr Jack...yup the truck is sold. I am currently in an apartment and had nowhere decent to store it but a tiny garage, so I sold it. I will dig thru my pictures to see if there are any decent pictures of the core support. It is stock to the truck. The core support was in really good condition (no rust thru). I cleaned it up painted it semigloss black and 3M under coated the bottom and up both sides approx 4" for extra rust protection.

mjensen..I was kinda expecting to see it at the Thanksgiving Point car show this past weekend. But unfortunately it wasn't there. I will be moving into a house in Herriman, UT next month with a large 3 car garage...fighting off the temptation of finding another truck or car to restore. None of my tools are out here...
Old 05-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #184
mjensen

Hey then we'll be neighbors! I'm just north of Herriman High. Don't fight it...I need someone who can actually get stuff done around here

Old 06-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #185
Crumley

Smile Re: 72 GMC 4x4 rebuild

Mr. Jack, yup keep working on the house better return on the money.....more important than the truck.. attached are all of the pictures of the raditor core support I have. The core support on this restore was in supprisingly good shape, no rust thru anywhere. It just needed a good wire brushing, clean up and painting.
Name:  208.JPG
Views: 574
Size:  99.1 KB

Name:  209.JPG
Views: 574
Size:  61.2 KB

Name:  211.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  50.3 KB

Name:  214.JPG
Views: 569
Size:  101.0 KB

mjensen, yup we are currently neighbors, actually I am at the day break appartments right now. No space to do anything. Will be moving to the High Country Estates??? area of Herriman in the next 2 weeks.

If help is needed, I will be glad to help you on the build, espically body panels and body work, a wire welding machine is needed though....getting things done is my middle name... As we all know, due to the factory not protecting the inner panels, these truck litterally rust from the inside out.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #186
mjensen

I could always use the help and motivation! Currently, I'm in the middle of moving my front cross-member forward and my transmission cross member back to make room for the torque splitter I'm putting in so I'm a little ways out from body panels, but that is definitely an area that I will need help in.

If you're interested, then PM me and I'll send you my contact info.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #187
Crumley

10-4, on Motivation....I love working on old trucks and cars. I don't even care what make they are (sorry everyone) Chevy, Ford, Chrysler and AMC. I am a car guy/ gear head to the max. If a car doesn't run and leaves you stranded it is a piece of crap...i don't care who makes it.
Torque splitter? What the heck are we installing a hydrolic splitter? For a snow plow??? or maybe double low gearing for playing in the rocks? One last possibility...you are going to need to do some harvesting and will be walking beside the truck in low gear reaping what has been sown? I will send a PM....
Old 06-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #188
mjensen

All good guesses, but I'm actually going the other way. Advanced Adapters makes the Ranger Torque Splitter in either an over or underdrive setup. It's made to go between the bell housing and 4 speed manual. Honestly, the reason I went with it was because it was the most cost-effective way to get an overdrive in the truck without doing a ton of modifications. Currently it's a manual shift (so there will be 3 sticks poking up through the floor), but I'm trying to find an electric actuator to be able to shift it with a switch on the knob. You know...just like the big rigs I really liked this idea because not only can you split every gear, you can still use it in 4WD...not that I would need to, but what if!

Sorry for getting this thread way off target.

Last edited by mjensen; 06-06-2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #189
mjensen

Looks like this truck is up for sale here locally.