The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-29-2017, 11:33 PM   #1
ebaby35

Buying from porterbuilt

Ok I just got an email back from porterbuilt saying that they don't sell trailing arms,crossmember,cnotch, step notch individually and only in a kit. Does everyone here just buy a kit because I can't afford to buy a full kit
ebaby35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:19 PM   #2
Pro Performance

Re: Buying from porterbuilt

We would be glad to put put together a kit for you, to meet your specific needs. Just give us a call, email or PM. I am guessing you are working on a 63-72 C10?

Travis
480-420-8175
travis@azproperformance.com
Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:56 AM   #3
w00dst0ck

Have you looked into Choppin Block? They are both really well engineered kits from awesome companies. I've built both and plan do to the Choppin Block next build. It's more modular (I feel), and shorter wait (think my last PB order took 12-13 weeks)
w00dst0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:12 AM   #4
andrewmp6

Travis offers all the brands you could want.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:54 PM   #5
cioutlaw

I have bought individual parts not in a kit from them in the past, I guess they could have changed their policy.
Posted via Mobile Device
cioutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:38 AM   #6
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

I've been having some issues to go along with the long wait with PB. Its been a long road that I don't know if I would go down again knowing what I know now and having a PB mix-up go unresolved. I have bought in kit form and individual parts and had issues.

Still trying to get some parts replaced that had been promised.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:00 AM   #7
cioutlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwhite View Post
I've been having some issues to go along with the long wait with PB. Its been a long road that I don't know if I would go down again knowing what I know now and having a PB mix-up go unresolved. I have bought in kit form and individual parts and had issues.

Still trying to get some parts replaced that had been promised.
I don't know if your experience was the same as mine but their customer service sucks, Can never get anyone on a phone or takes forever to get email response. Which is really bad when you have an install question and cant get an answer in the middle of your project. The install instructions are horrible or don't exist. All the hardware is labeled in code and you have to guess where everything goes. With that being said the products are really nice and they fit great.
cioutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:30 PM   #8
vgate71

Quote:
Originally Posted by cioutlaw View Post
I don't know if your experience was the same as mine but their customer service sucks, Can never get anyone on a phone or takes forever to get email response. Which is really bad when you have an install question and cant get an answer in the middle of your project. The install instructions are horrible or don't exist. All the hardware is labeled in code and you have to guess where everything goes. With that being said the products are really nice and they fit great.
Sounds really similar to my experience with Porterbuilt as well. Hard to get ahold of, mix-ups in shipping, missing items and terrible/missing instructions. Glad your parts fit, not all mine did. Some cutting and re-welding was in order for me. Definately going a different direction next time.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:37 PM   #9
t76turbo

Same here..... I have never once received a product from PB that was complete.

Had an older PB sway bar kit that apparently was shipped with the wrong end links. After probably 4 emails and multiple phone calls I finally got a response and they shipped me new bolts and sleeves and even those were wrong. The bolts werent even long enough for the bushings to all fit much less put the nut on.

It is a shame. At least when there were dealers selling their parts the dealer could try and help get things straight. Now you cant even rely on that. Luckily I have almost all of the PB parts I was going to need. But bad for the new guys.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:36 PM   #10
rmvlt1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Performance View Post
We would be glad to put put together a kit for you, to meet your specific needs. Just give us a call, email or PM. I am guessing you are working on a 63-72 C10?

Travis
480-420-8175
travis@azproperformance.com
I would give Travis a call for your suspension needs. Always gives a great price and the customer service is great. Good luck on your build.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:56 PM   #11
andrewmp6

Yeah travis at pro performance will take care of you.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:03 PM   #12
69short

I'm surprised to hear of bad experiences with PB. All of my dealings with them have been excellent. Yes there is a long wait, but I knew that going into it. Im very impatient so the wait was hard for me. But it was well worth it in the end. Sorry to hear about that guys. Definitely hit Travis up. He will take care of you
69short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:22 AM   #13
andrewmp6

I have heard of one or two mistakes but both was taken care of fast.One was a missing piece the other was a part not made right.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:48 PM   #14
1hihum

Lol. I just ordered my hood hinges from them. Turned out they sent me a set of 67-72 hinges instead of 60-66 ones. It took a few tries before I got somebody on the phone. And of course with my luck...they are out of stock. �� Hopefully it won't be long!
I also went with Chopping Block over PB for my front and rear kits. I didn't have 3-4 months to wait around for my parts. I got both front and rear kits within a week of ordering (through pro performance), but I live in California so they are same state. I really like the kits so far.
1hihum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:35 PM   #15
ol_skool_chevy

I personally would never do a Porterbuilt again.Years I saved to buy what I thought would be a cool set up only to have issues. Mine was a BBC, they sent me SBC motor mounts witch smashed my brand new oil pan. they did replace the mounts but the pan was F--ked. had to pull the motor again and do a new pan. next all the bolt pack were not marked at all for where they went...you have to de-code they bags...that sucked. the tower lower spread bar was too long and kicked the rest of the frame out of square...that sucked big time. I have to take the whole rear apart 4 times before seeing the f--k up. and next they sent me a pan hard bar too long....and anytime you need to contact them. you have to leave a voice mail and HOPE to god they call back. and if you miss the call back you have to start all over and call them AGAIN and wait........NEVER again. There are more companies now doing the same thing but better.

Built it yourself, don't count on others to to do it for you or with you. It will never get done
ol_skool_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:56 PM   #16
w00dst0ck

I'm ordering the switch hood hinges. Cheaper and I don't have to deal with not being able to get ahold of them. Nothing but back experiences with PB.
w00dst0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:43 PM   #17
DLW

Sorry to hear about all the bad PB stuff going on.
I had really good experiences with them, the owner emailed me several times when I had a wrong part and that shipped here in two days. All their stuff fit like a glove, instructions were on their web site.

With that said, Travis has always been nice to deal with. I see Pro performance does not sell PB anymore though, at least not listed on their site, where they used to be a big vendor for them..Sounds like a good alternative available now though.
DLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:27 PM   #18
CC69Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmvlt1100 View Post
I would give Travis a call for your suspension needs. Always gives a great price and the customer service is great. Good luck on your build.

Top notch guy ^^^ I agree. Dont hesitate at all, call Travis he'll fix you up.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote