The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-11-2018, 09:15 AM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

One down

Getting ready to move a couple trucks around yesterday, they are at a buddies place. There was another fella over there working on a project. He was joking around with me and said he was going to "borrow" some parts off the Burb. I said just buy the whole thing from me, and he did. One down lol.

I think I have everything I need to convert my K20 68 GMC to Chevy. I want everything to match, cab numbers and frame numbers. Maybe ill do it at my buddies house, there might be a buyer there just waiting for me haha.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:40 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: One down

It's not a hard thing to do, finding buyers for these trucks.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:05 PM   #3
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Plenty of wanna be buyers for sure. But when it comes to laying down the dough I haven't had much luck.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #4
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Good for ya Mark.. have you got a photo of the K20 68 GMC ,, I live in some dry country and parts do not rust here .. might find ya whar you need in maybe better shape than on the coast..
Old 08-12-2018, 09:47 PM   #5
Grumpy old man

If you really want to sell it ? Get a shipping quote from where your at to Portland Maine , Yes , Maine add that cost to your crazy money price and offer free shipping ,swamp the northeast with Craigslist ads and see what happens . This way you'll get top dollar and take the "thought" of shipping costs off the buyer , Don't underestimate what someone is willing to pay and your area has way more 4x4's than Maine has left . it's just like you don't advertise a truck with no A/C in Arizona / Texas , Or no airbags and ls in So Cal

Always set up a free Gmail acct so your regular email account doesn't get flooded with junk .or offers from a Nigerian prince willing to pay double your price once his inheritance check clears his bank
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:19 PM   #6
Killer Bee

hmm, pulled 20k out a few months back only to drive 240 miles and come home with an empty trailer..

the flakery goes both ways

Old 09-01-2018, 05:08 PM   #7
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Got rid of one more today. 71 Chevy C10 Short box project. Sometimes they go when you aren't even thinking in that direction. Just gotta be ready to jump when someone else is.

Got another title for the K20 GMC in my name now, sounds weird huh? Well like a lot of our trucks its a little bit of a mutt. I already had title to the cab, 68 GMC C20. Now I have title to the chassis (and little matching pieces) 68 Chevy K20. And the running gear is all 72 K20 ... see, a bit of a mutt lol.

Need to get the brakes fixed. Need to swap out the valve covers. Need to convert the nose back to Chevy (unless someone really loves the GMC nose), I think Chevy will be easier to sell. And lastly need to take off the nice mags and tires and replace with the steel wheels and tires. Will be next on the sell list since I didn't get even a sniff on the panel. And then again I might have something else sell first that I wasn't even considering lol. Funny how this stuff works out sometimes.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:16 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

It's a holiday, but I left your valve covers with FedEx today.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:25 PM   #9
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Thanks Tim! Let me know how much it was and Ill get your money off to you however you want it.