The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-23-2020, 05:35 PM   #1
truckster

Heated Hoodie

My wife gave me a DeWalt heated hoodie on Saturday. I thought I'd write a quick little review.

It's a comfortable hoodie, as far as the fit and the fabric goes. It seems to be well made and it's machine washable, which is important to me. It's powered by any DeWalt 20v battery, although anything bigger than a 2.0Ah would be really bulky.

Speaking of bulky, that's my chief complaint. The battery pocket is on the left rear, and if you're getting in and out of vehicles it tends to get in the way unless you push it to the side. There's also an option to put the battery in the left front inside pocket, but I found that to be more inconvenient because it gets in the way when I'm leaning over a fender.

The heating patch is over the shoulder blades, and there are three heat levels. On the highest level it's supposed to be good for 8 hours with a 2.0Ah battery - I haven't run a battery out yet, so I think that's a good estimate. I don't have a heated garage and I hate the cold. This hoodie doesn't really keep me warm, but it keeps me from being too cold to work (it was in the 20s over the weekend). I don't have another brand to compare it to, but overall I'd give it a generally positive review.
Old 11-24-2020, 12:21 AM   #2
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Heated Hoodie

I gave my dad a Milwaukee 12V version a couple years back, and he loves it. He wears it alot in winter plus the 2AH 12V batteries tuck in tighter.

I wouldn't mind owning one, but I never get that cold really. With the jackets I do own already.

Right now I am dreaming of a USN WW2 N1 reproduction jacket.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:51 PM   #3
The Rocknrod

Re: Heated Hoodie

Last year I bought an Milwaukee M12 heated jacket, I love it.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote