The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-01-2002, 09:29 PM   #1
hotrodharry

Question 47-54 body on 69 frame???

I have a 69 chev longbed . I would like to know if any fellow members have ever cut a 69 frame and made it work out with a 47-54 body or if it would be better to just graft the front clip and rear suspension to a 47-54 frame. Regards
hotrodharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 09:41 AM   #2
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

I have seen that swap ,but the track width is a little wide for the truck. Check out the guys @ http://www.fatmanfab.com/ for a mustangII setup to fit the truck. Altho not cheap,I have seen this setup under many trucks & cars,& it seems to work pretty well. Good luck......crazy AL
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 06:56 PM   #3
hotrodharry

Smile frame swap

Thanks Crazy Longhorn. Not bragging but having built several race cars and worked on a Nascar Winston Cup Car back in the 70's to about 86 I think that it would only be a matter of looking up track dimensions , taking alot of measurements and then tying a front clip together with 2x3 tubing and fabing a rear clip. I like to all the work myself , it just makes it more interesting and fun. Thanks for the reply and any others that would like to reply would be helpful. Regards
hotrodharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 09:57 PM   #4
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

If you are into chassis work, you are way ahead of the game! I have also seen Volarie suspension under some of the early trucks.......it looked like a bit of fab work, but may be worth a look. I have cut & spliced frames,& done quit a little fab work.......but when it comes to suspension, i tend to work with what the factory gave me. At any rate, good luck & have fun ,that is what hottrodin is all about!
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote