The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #1
ThatOneBlue67
I survived Dead Man's Curve.

Linkages and Shoe Polish

Well, I've just about finished with this project except that something was put back together incorrectly during the carb rebuild. Something involving the floats as the new carburetor wants to flood everytime I continue cranking the motor over. Dad and I will look that over tonight (I'll admit that he and I are both still learning about carburetors as well as other things).

As this conversion (from 1bbl to 2bbl) is not that common my dad and I came up with a rather unique linkage setup. We ended up using the original bell crank but extended the pin it balances it on and welded on a new stopper (washer). We then welded on a flat piece of metal to the other end that extended upward and a linkage from that to the carb. Hard to explain, but the picture explains it better than I do...

As for the shoe polish I metioned earler.

I watched "The World's Fastest Indan" the other day starring Sir Anthony Hopkins. Great, GREAT movie! Really cool stuff. Little different.... but definetly worth ATLEAST a trip to the video rental place.

Anyway, in the movie the main character used shoe polish to "brighten" up his motorcycle tires. I gave it a go on just one of my tires, and it covers up discoloring and scuffs against the curb pretty well. Hard to tell in the pictures as my digital camera is actually a video camera, but maybe you can tell..... The second tire (though different) looked as bad as the first one.

"The Hurricane"
1967 Chevrolet C10
350 Eight Cylinder, 700R4 BowtieOverdrive

Cherry Bomb... Disturbing the Peace Since 1968.
ThatOneBlue67 is offline   Reply With Quote