The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-09-2020, 07:08 PM   #1
Andy4639
Old member

Talking COVID-19 one of ours....

We went by Ed's house today to say hello and wish him well. He got home Thursday night from the hospital after a week in ICU for the COVID-19 virus. He says he feels good just very weak.
We figured the trucks & Corvairs would help him in his recovery.
I don't know if Ed is still a member but he once was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3mbZn7eeKw

Here is the face book video. Much better than mine.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/UpstateGMtrucks

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:31 PM   #2
72c20customcamper

Re: COVID-19 one of ours....

My wife lost two clients to covid. Glad your friend is still with us
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.

Last edited by 72c20customcamper; 08-09-2020 at 10:59 PM.
72c20customcamper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:53 PM   #3
special-K
Special Order

I'm glad to hear Ed is on the road to recovery. Keep on truckin' Ed!

It's no joke. Can't see it. You can be lucky or not. Some get it and never know. But if they only pass it to one who is not so fortunate it can be the end of the line for them. Big problem is those who doubt it is any big deal. You know who you are. Let's just hope they get it (not the virus) before it's too late for them, a loved one, or someone they don't even know. Life is full of risk. I just took some going to Carlisle, so not one to talk. But I'm thinking about it and who I get near to for a while at least. I have lost a friend to it myself.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-10-2020 at 10:17 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:40 AM   #4
Rich84

Me and the wife went too what was supposed to be a small get together retirement party for a nurse friend of ours last weekend. Way to many people for our liking. We stayed off in a corner. On Friday I get a text that one of the nurses tested positive. I had spent Wednesday and Thursday night with my Parents. When I got the message I thought about them immediately.
Next time we are uncomfortable we are leaving! We both got the rapid test and are negative.
Rich84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:15 AM   #5
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I was at a celebration of life for one of my nephews yesterday, and of the 20+ people there, only 5 or 6 had masks.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:23 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

I'm due to visit my mom and probably will ride up with my sister. Both have been playing it very safe and live in fairly isolated areas. I'll be going to my sister's later this week to do work for her and get some R & R. I feel after going to Carlisle I need to get tested before doing any of this. I made the decision to take a risk, not them.

I also have a good friend who is a vendor at Carlisle. He has been having health issues for some time now. He is one I thought of when this virus thing kicked off. I haven't spoken to him since May and he did not come to the show, rolled his spaces over to 2021. I called him yesterday, left a message, and haven't heard back. Could be any reason. I hope to be hearing from him soon.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 08-10-2020, 12:40 PM   #7
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
We went by Ed's house today to say hello and wish him well. He got home Thursday night from the hospital after a week in ICU for the COVID-19 virus. He says he feels good just very weak.
We figured the trucks & Corvairs would help him in his recovery.
I don't know if Ed is still a member but he once was.

I’m glad he’s feels good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3mbZn7eeKw

Here is the face book video. Much better than mine.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/UpstateGMtrucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
My wife lost two clients to covid. Glad your friend is still with us
That’s always rough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I'm glad to hear Ed is on the road to recovery. Keep on truckin' Ed!

It's no joke. Can't see it. You can be lucky or not. Some get it and never know. But if they only pass it to one who is not so fortunate it can be the end of the line for them. Big problem is those who doubt it is any big deal. You know who you are. Let's just hope they get it (not the virus) before it's too late for them, a loved one, or someone they don't even know. Life is full of risk. I just took some going to Carlisle, so not one to talk. But I'm thinking about it and who I get near to for a while at least. I have lost a friend to it myself.
Sorry for your loss of a friend.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:32 PM   #8
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: COVID-19 one of ours....

I've only seen my dad 1 time since Feb-1 2020. He is 95 now and it's hard not seeing him but I know I don't want to be that one who says Oh no after it's to late.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:59 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Andy, that's how I feel about my mom. We didn't even get together for her 90th. I wanted to have my sisters all come together for a celebration, and just have us all together at least one more time for her. Sisters live in Idaho, New Mexico, and Maine. My sister in Virginia, me, and my brother in the next county to Mom are fortunate enough to be closer to her. I feel for all the elderly who not only stuck in nursing homes, but have not had visits allowed. And now it is sit outside, 6' apart, wearing masks, no hugs, and I guess no eating together. Also, my daughter had a little girl I have yet to see. She's in Arkansas anyway, but if I went to visit I don't think I should hold her or kiss her. My good friend, who's daughters I've watched grow up, has a granddaughter born in Nov I have yet to see. It's such a weird time.

I look at wearing a mask the same as wearing a seat belt, which is also mandated. We don't expect to be in an accident, but we don't know when one might happen, so we always wear one.

I believe in freedom and liberty, those are the American Way. I am free to walk where I please but not on someone else's toes. That's what people are doing when they refuse to wear a mask.

I saw a news article where in NJ police broke up a party with 300 people. What were they thinking? This time last year, no problem as long as the road isn't blocked and everyone behaves. I want to be able to get back to that next year and so far this year we are only helping it spread. I don't believe everything I hear, never have. Until this virus came along I was probably worse that any of the virus sceptics. But this thing is way bigger than about me. This is about everyone. I figure if I get it there's a good chance I won't get hit too hard. I never get the flu or get bad cold symptoms. I'm not worried about me. I care about everybody and I just want us all to get our lives back ASAP

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 08-11-2020 at 07:13 AM.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:05 AM   #10
Andy4639
Old member

I'm not one to wear a mask and I hate wearing them. I have asbestos so I don't have to wear one if I don't want to but for the sake of starting a argument I wear it. I just don't think it's worth a confrontation with someone. I wouldn't want to see my dad get sick over it so I just call and talk.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 08-11-2020, 11:06 AM   #11
shifty
Questionable

Glad to hear he pulled through. We saw it earlier, back when people were still avoiding masks because COVID was a "liberal hoax" or a "basic flu". I guess I can't blame folks, we had major media outlets sending that message, and that caused people to spread that idea all over social media. Seems like social media's doing a kick-ass job of turning this country into science-and-medicine-hating-tinfoil-hat-wearing folks. Too bad the powers that be chose to weaponize social media to divide us instead of uniting us.

So far, we've lost two relatives (aunt, uncle). Two good friends of mine in NYC lost parents early, these guys grew up together, one of their mothers and one of their fathers were in the same nursing home where 40-50%+ of the residents got infected. Then one of the guys lost his remaining father after to COVID. A guy my wife works with lost his aunt who lived in Queens, NY. To date, we probably know 15-20 people who've died and last figure I saw put the number of deaths at 1 for every 2,000 Americans dead now. Basically like we've had a 9/11 every day for more than 50 days straight.

I hope eventually we can take it seriously, but as of last week, I had another one of my high school buddies get attacked for wearing a mask down in FL. I just don't get it.

I know a lot of us are getting older, so I naturally worry. I hope y'all stay safe and healthy, and your families and friends do the same.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:26 PM   #12
kingsolver72
10/30/19

“Basic flu”is deadly.. ( there are a 131 subtypes in just Influenza A) just look at the numbers..
I’ve posted some numbers in another thread.

I’ve read that CDC estimates COVID mortality rate at 0.04.

This pandemic has been used as a political leveraging tool.
It’s been used to divide.
It’s been used to get people to emote.
To deny that is being tone deaf to your confirmation bias.
I lean heavy to the right and I’m well aware of this.
Although I still try to pay attention to the other side of the coin. I orientate.
I have no interest in social media.. unless this site is tossed in the mix.
“News media” have agendas..pull in as many viewers/ratings.

I’ve heard about people not wearing mask getting attacked by people wearing masks. I’ve never heard of it the other way around.
I know this is an anecdotal statement..
I seriously don’t think the numbers support people breathlessly telling everyone to wear a mask.
Why not tell everyone to wear face shields too?
Why marginalize that flu kill millions of people every year?
I don’t see much consistency with people telling others to wear a mask.
In my observations most don’t wear an effective mask or wear them properly with regards to “safety”.
Let’s try to get along with our neighbor.
Old 08-11-2020, 04:50 PM   #13
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I have not seen his name in a long time. Im glad he is well.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:08 AM   #14
Andy4639
Old member

Ed has gone into the Corvair's. He has several of them now and he sold his truck to fellow member of our local club. He is still a good friend and member of our club.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club