The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-10-2015, 11:59 AM   #1
Paul Mitch

First air ride install, I have questions

My son and I are working on his 65 C10 FSLB. We are installing the air ride suspension. We have already c-notched the frame, bolted in the support kit and welded it in for added strength. We are going with the ASCO air ride quad manifold system. Has anyone else used this? We are running (1) airmaxx 480 compressor and (1) 5 gallon air tank. We are going with the AVS 7-rocker switch box. Ww are using all 3/8" line and fittings on D2600 bags. I have a question about the fittings. I have both the brass compression ring style and the push in lock style. The brass ring compression style has a brass insert that goes into the hose which to me looks like it will restrict the air flow to about 1/4" or maybe less. The push lock fittings look like they might leak. Which fittings would you recommend? Should I put the air filter/ water trap behind the air tank or in front of it?
Does anyone have any advice for an install like this. Maybe something that you wish you knew before you started, but learned along the way?

Thanks Paul and Rob
Paul Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:39 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: First air ride install, I have questions

Push lock (PTC) fittings seal just fine as long as the airline is cut @ a square 90° & quality fittings are used.
The moisture trap needs to go after the tank. That's where the heated air cools & where the moisture originates.

Use shock relocation brackets so you can run the longest stroke shock possible (stock shock stroke works fine) & get a front sway bar if it doesn't have one.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:09 AM   #3
andrewmp6

Re: First air ride install, I have questions

If you don't have a air line cutter buy one its 20 bucks and will make sure every line you cut is straight.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote