The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-30-2015, 02:48 PM   #1
1moretoy

help needed with Accuair

Hey guys I'm getting started on my Accuair set up and have a couple of questions. 1. The diagram only shows 1 tank with one pressure switch and an option for two compressors. I'm using two 3 gal tanks and two compressors. Do I only need one pressure switch? 2. Do I run each tank/compressor separately or do I link the two tanks with an air line? 3. The sensor harness is approximately 3' long and the tanks are mounted around 6' from the ECU. Can I run a short piece of hose off the tank and use an adapter at the end to thread the sensor to it? Not sure if the hose would effect the Reading of the sensor.

Thank you
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:16 AM   #2
Ghostwhite
Squarebody guy

Re: help needed with Accuair

You only need one pressure sensor.
I would connect both tanks together with an airline, this way you have equal pressure in both tanks and also if one compressor fails you still can fill both tanks.
You will be fine running a short piece of hose but it would create a few more possible leak areas.

Are you using both feed ports on your accuair manifold? Most likely you are running one tank into either side of the manifold(this would also join the tanks). If you join the tanks with one line and then run a line from one tank to one side of the manifold feed and then you can run your sensor off of the remaining manifold feed port. This could reduce max flow but not too greatly.
Ghostwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:09 AM   #3
t76turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moretoy View Post
Hey guys I'm getting started on my Accuair set up and have a couple of questions. 1. The diagram only shows 1 tank with one pressure switch and an option for two compressors. I'm using two 3 gal tanks and two compressors. Do I only need one pressure switch? 2. Do I run each tank/compressor separately or do I link the two tanks with an air line? 3. The sensor harness is approximately 3' long and the tanks are mounted around 6' from the ECU. Can I run a short piece of hose off the tank and use an adapter at the end to thread the sensor to it? Not sure if the hose would effect the Reading of the sensor.

Thank you

You need a pressure switch per tank. If you keep them separate then you need two. I am a little new to this but if you tie them together as ghostwhite said, I assume you can run one. The pressure switch is a safety item. And they are cheap. So I would lean to the side of caution.

I am going to run the same setup you are running using the porterbuilt brackets. I am only redoing bags on the rear for now that the previous owner installed. So I went ahead and purchase one bracket, compressor, 3 gallon tank, and the accuair vu4 manifold. It has 2 inlets and 2 exhausts. For now, until I put in the front setup with second compressor setup, i will just install the plug the vu4 manifold comes with on one of the inlets. The fact the vu4 comes with a plug for the other inlet leads me to believe they are tied together via the manifold so no need to run a separate line to tie them.

I am almost done with the install. Just finishing a little wiring and finishing installing the aluminum fuel tank under the bed.

The vu4 makes things so much easier. Have you looked into it?

Edit..... I guess I should assume you are running a vu4 but you never said specifically you were.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #4
1moretoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by t76turbo View Post
You need a pressure switch per tank. If you keep them separate then you need two. I am a little new to this but if you tie them together as ghostwhite said, I assume you can run one. The pressure switch is a safety item. And they are cheap. So I would lean to the side of caution.

I am going to run the same setup you are running using the porterbuilt brackets. I am only redoing bags on the rear for now that the previous owner installed. So I went ahead and purchase one bracket, compressor, 3 gallon tank, and the accuair vu4 manifold. It has 2 inlets and 2 exhausts. For now, until I put in the front setup with second compressor setup, i will just install the plug the vu4 manifold comes with on one of the inlets. The fact the vu4 comes with a plug for the other inlet leads me to believe they are tied together via the manifold so no need to run a separate line to tie them.

I am almost done with the install. Just finishing a little wiring and finishing installing the aluminum fuel tank under the bed.

The vu4 makes things so much easier. Have you looked into it?

Edit..... I guess I should assume you are running a vu4 but you never said specifically you were.
Yes I'm running the Vu4 manifold. How was your install on the e-level? Have any pictures of your installation?
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:27 PM   #5
t76turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moretoy View Post
Yes I'm running the Vu4 manifold. How was your install on the e-level? Have any pictures of your installation?

Not doing the elevel initially. I rarely drive the truck and don't think I will be playing with th level that often so I just want to use a manual controller first and if I decide to upgrade to the elevel, it shouldn't be a big deal to add it to the system.

I have some basic pics. Nothing of the vu4 installed because I am doing that tonight or tomorrow. Already have a spot for it and have the adapters etc. Just me to drill the holes in the frame and mount it. I will try to upload some to photobucket and post them in a second.

Just a couple photos to show you the compressor mounting and notch as well as shock relocation. I pm'd you a week ago or so about the shock relocation I had available. These pics show the shock bars that go with the porterbuilt stage 2 rear.

Excuse the shop. My buddy who has a lift and shop behind his house has a number of things torn apart and it is a little messy.

Last edited by t76turbo; 05-01-2015 at 02:50 PM.
t76turbo is offline   Reply With Quote