The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
Spartan

console q&a

First question is about the ashtray console. When somebody refers to a "seatbelt" console, is that the ashtray console?

Second: what was the first year for cupholder consoles?

I guess since 68 had buddies then 69 would be the first year of the consoles?
Were the consoles "cast" in the interior color or were they all painted? i.e. if a person wanted an NOS console and the interior was dark blue then the console would be dark blue and not painted dark blue but the fiber would be cast in a dk blue...?

Finally... does anybody have a pic of a 69 dark blue console interior? If such a thing even exists...

Thanks Folks
Nim

"orange rhymes with door hinge"
Old 08-29-2013, 04:36 AM   #2
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Re: console q&a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
Hey Mel thanks for chiming in.
I would love to see that pic. Im not sure how I keep running into these 69 only colors...its almost as if they find me. My truck in my sig has the 69 red/maroon and this c20 I just finally decided to buy has the 69 dark blue. Hard decision for me since the engine is seized...but the price is not bad...and since its so far gone I dont mind drilling holes in it for some creature comforts. i.e. bench to bucket conversion...

Thanks again
Nim
Here are the pictures of our all original interior (yes... even the carpet) A50 bucket seat equipped 69 GMC w/dark blue interior that I had mentioned in the above post, could only open the pass side door due to where/how she's stored but you can still get a pretty good idea on the one year shade of blue. Since you also mention having another 69 with the one year only shade of red (really burgandy), I can also add some pics on that OE color as we happen to have a really sweet set of low mile survivor all original 69 only red buckets. Mel
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2013, 05:35 AM   #3
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

While owning a ton of factory A50 trucks and or buckets over the years, these are by far one of the nicest sets of original unrestored/survivor buckets that we have had to date. This pictured bucket seat setup was removed from a 69 Chevy CST/30 Cab & Chassis Mitchell Motorhome with only 42K miles on the odometer, they are the 69 only red or what some guys also call maroon, burgandy or even oxblood. This cab was the walk thru type motorhome setup w/o a console originally, so we came up with a nice one and restored it in SEM 15273/Napa Red to match the seats. Check out the original condition of the matching 42k 1969 survivor seatbelts. Mel
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2013, 05:43 AM   #4
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Survivor 69 seat/lap belt setup...
Attached Images