The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2018, 10:24 PM   #1
twoskies

Door Pillar ?

Hey

got a new door pillar, got it cut to fit pretty close, got the old one out of scrap bucket to measure bolts and noticed its like a double wall compared to replacement, question is what are you guys doing

welding a washer would work but im gonna do that before i weld it up.lol

also does anyone have a template for the bolt holes i can download, and ive read front two bolts go in from front and back or rear go opposite, ?, mine are gone, so no reference

any other suggestions

Thanks
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2018, 12:11 AM   #2
sprint_9

Re: Door Pillar ?

I would either save the support brace you have, or buy replacements. That brace is spot welded around the fender bolt hole and then bolted at the back end.

So in these pictures are kind of how everything fits, in the first one the outer floor is on the outside of the floor support. From there the door pillar goes on the outside of the outer floor, with the kick panel in between them on the top side. You can see where the factory spot welds were on my door pillar/fender mount. The fender mount brace is bolted against the floor support on the very inside.
Attached Images

sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:36 AM   #3
GMCPaul

Part # 7913495 Front Fender Lower Rear Reinforcement Mounting Plate L&R
1967-72 Chevy & GMC truck, Suburban, Blazer, Jimmy, & Panel truck front fender lower rear reinforcement mounting plate. Installs directly behind the front door pillar and bolts to the front edge of the front cab support and rear lower front fender mounting bolt passes through this part to attach the fender. Used to reinforce the front door pillar where fender attaches. Sold as a pair includes both drivers & passenger sides. Highest quality original gauge steel that's EDP coated in black primer
http://www.gmcpauls.com/Patch_Panels.htm
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:22 AM   #4
twoskies

Hey

got my door pillar in ok , got the outer floor in and cab supports, lot of grinding to do, but here's an issue, the outer floor is 1/8 inch short compared to passenger side outer floor, might not be that big of a deal but the rocker spot welds to it, i could cut it out and buy a new one(although everything fits right now)or weld a piece of 1/2 inch square to it to have something for the rocker to weld to

any suggestions

thanks