The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2014, 11:53 PM   #76
gdavis

Re: 1972 Highlander -The making of a daily driver

Where can or where did you buy the FOREVER BLACK TIRE GEL
George In Florida

Cars I owned in the past.
1962 chev II Nova - 1965 Chevelle SS - (2)1966 Chevelle SS 1965 chev C10 57 belair chev
1967 Chevelle SS - 1969 Chevelle SS - 1972 Chevelle SS

1967 Buick electra 225 1995 Harley Davidson bager

What does not kill you will make you stronger

1968 c10 short wheel base stepper
gdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:20 AM   #77
BruthaMan
US Army Veteran

Hi George,

I believe I ordered it from autogeek.net. Amazon and other retailers carry it.
BruthaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:20 AM   #78
hdff

Nice lookin truck! Subscribing for the A/C info. Fixing to pull mine and refresh it

Don't argue with idiots, People watching may not be able to tell the difference...
There's someone in my head........But it's not me......

cheap tricks thread great info here!! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
hdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:24 AM   #79
Low Elco

Darn, thought Bman was still alive. Hope all is good in Your Hood.

ps- That Wipe new tire stuff works pretty good! it's a PITA, but pretty good!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:28 PM   #80
BruthaMan
US Army Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdff View Post
Nice lookin truck! Subscribing for the A/C info. Fixing to pull mine and refresh it
Have a lot of work I'm going to be doing in spring, when it warms up a little. Going to do another overhaul on the AC and will take lots of photos!a

Just looked at your truck. Man, that it is absolutely gorgeous! What color is that blue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Darn, thought Bman was still alive. Hope all is good in Your Hood.

ps- That Wipe new tire stuff works pretty good! it's a PITA, but pretty good!
Alive and above the dirt, my friend! Always good to see you!

Business is finally picking back up some. Last year was worst year ever, spent most of time in "survival" mode. Hoping to do quite a bit of work on the truck this spring. Still runs like a champ!

How's Bomp's truck doing?
Old 02-06-2015, 09:30 AM   #81
hdff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruthaMan View Post
Have a lot of work I'm going to be doing in spring, when it warms up a little. Going to do another overhaul on the AC and will take lots of photos!a

Just looked at your truck. Man, that it is absolutely gorgeous! What color is that blue?
I am trying to get in the mind set to start on mine, I am collecting parts now cause there is things the PO didn't have. my plan is to pull everything and start from there. I found a company that will check the evapatator and all of the parts associated with that in that evaporator box under the hood. my biggest concern now is how easily the evap box is to get off of the fire wall and the heater core off the inside. man you are close but just not close enough to stop by and see first hand your progress. if I have not started yet I will be looking forward to your pics, I have a few more things I need before i get started. trying to figure out now what size bolts hold the compressor brackets to the block. hopefully I will get there someday...
thanks. the color is dark blue metallic, it is a '71 truck color paint code WE5200

Don't argue with idiots, People watching may not be able to tell the difference...

cheap tricks thread great info here!! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
Old 02-06-2015, 11:20 AM   #82
Low Elco

Quote:

Alive and above the dirt, my friend! Always good to see you!

Business is finally picking back up some. Last year was worst year ever, spent most of time in "survival" mode. Hoping to do quite a bit of work on the truck this spring. Still runs like a champ!

How's Bomp's truck doing?
Boppa's truck is in my garage gettin some small stuff tidied up after last summer's LS swap (see new heart in sig) and getting a rear swaybar added. It'll be in the KC World of Wheels next weekend.

Glad it's picking back up for you. Are you still working the 400 mi/wk gig?
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:37 PM   #83
BruthaMan
US Army Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdff View Post
I am trying to get in the mind set to start on mine, I am collecting parts now cause there is things the PO didn't have.
That color really pops! Pulling the box is pretty easy, actually. I loosened the driver side hood hinge bolts, then pull the passenger side hood hinge bolts and move the hood on the passenger side forward. I can't remember if I had to drop the passenger fender well a little, maybe.

After that, there are screw/bolts that connect the box and the cover on the right side and they come out pretty easy. If I recall, the box on the inside that connects to the firewall, holds the heater core. The core is held in by a thin clamp with a screw on each side.

Just thinking about all this reminds me of how much work I have to do, but I look forward to getting out there and spending some quality time with my mistress!
Old 02-06-2015, 02:41 PM   #84
BruthaMan
US Army Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Are you still working the 400 mi/wk gig?
No. I still do some work for him, but the commute was necessary to bring the website online.

http://www.corvettegarage.com

Finished up the bulk of it in October of last year, then went to work as a seasonal driver for UPS for the holidays. Lost fifteen pounds doing that, but it was kind of fun. Stressful, but good to be in a team environment.

My software business has picked back up some now, which has been a huge relief!
Old 02-10-2015, 03:50 PM   #85
hdff

Quote:
That color really pops! Pulling the box is pretty easy, actually. I loosened the driver side hood hinge bolts, then pull the passenger side hood hinge bolts and move the hood on the passenger side forward. I can't remember if I had to drop the passenger fender well a little, maybe.

After that, there are screw/bolts that connect the box and the cover on the right side and they come out pretty easy. If I recall, the box on the inside that connects to the firewall, holds the heater core. The core is held in by a thin clamp with a screw on each side.

Just thinking about all this reminds me of how much work I have to do, but I look forward to getting out there and spending some quality time with my mistress!
so you didn't actually pull the hood to get it out. how did you support the hood on the passengers side with the hinge disconnected so you didn't mess anything paintwise up