The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #1
1966baggedc10

Front Air Spring Rubbing

Hello all I have been searching the forums for a while for this specific issue and have not really found my answer. This is my first air ride system on a vehicle and I have put Dominator 2600 bags all around. However the front bags when aired out seem to rub on the top and bottom bag plates. I am wondering if this is normal or will it rub a hole in the bags after a while? Is there a different brand of bags that do not mushroom out so much when full compressed? I was considering some slam specialties due to the internal bump stop would maybe solve this? I drive the truck with it aired up enough for it not to be rubbing on the plates however I would like to ride lower than I am able to now. Any and all opinions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

1966baggedc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:03 PM   #2
tmills213

Re: Front Air Spring Rubbing

You are doing the same thing I tried. I dont think it would work unless you cut a pocket into the LCA. I ended up using a smaller bag that I saw someone else use on FB page. see #19 on my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=711567
Attached Images

tmills213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:43 PM   #3
1966baggedc10

Re: Front Air Spring Rubbing

Alright thanks I'll take a look at that. I was thinking about cutting out a pocket when I modified the LCA so the bag would sit down in it and not compress as much it just didn't seem like it would be as strong and flat plate and gusseting the bottom where the spring used to be.
1966baggedc10 is offline   Reply With Quote