The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-02-2018, 02:25 PM   #1
Wyo George

Howdy from Wyoming

Greetings folks. I figured I'd stop lurking and drop in to say hello. I run a small restoration shop and of course have my own old trucks and cars. I'm into about anything that burns gasoline or gunpowder and have an addition to motorcycles that's worse than most heroin addictions.

I make it a policy to not post customer's vehicles online so I'll apologize in advance for not sharing photos from my shop, but I'll post photos of my personal rigs as I go about restoring them. As anyone in business knows; your own stuff is last on the list. It's like the old saying about the Cobbler's kid needing new shoes or the carpenter's roof leaking... Well, the restoration guy doesn't get much done on his own projects, but I'm working to fix that.

As applicable to this forum; I have two 1971 Chevrolet trucks. One is a C20 Cheyenne 402/400 that my Dad bought in '73 and the other is a base model K20 stepside 350/SM465 stepside that I picked up recently.

The C20 I just brought out to WY from "back home" in northeast GA. It was my high school truck and when I moved to WY 15 years ago I left it at my parent's house. I finally took a trailer with me on my last trip home and brought it back. The plan is to mostly restore it, but leave a few incorrect parts, basically fix it up to the condition that it was in when my Dad drove it in the late 70's when I was a kid. The TH400 will be swapped for a 4L80E and a few updates to make it more comfy for longer trips pulling the car trailer. I plan to use it for my business truck seeing as how I think a restoration shop should have an old truck to pull the car trailer instead of my newer truck. It just seems "right".

Anyway, that's about enough out of me for now. I'll slip back into the shadows until I have something worth posting. Meanwhile I'll post up a few pics of my '71 trucks.

George
Wyo George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:44 PM   #2
Wyo George

Re: Howdy from Wyoming

Picking up the K20:

Headed back from GA with the C20, spare bed, Dodge 225 slant six w/727 trans, two motorcyles, a large 2 seater gokart, four spare tires, an extra set of BBC heads and a complete 283 Chevy engine. It was quite the collection to drag 1,700 miles home!

Old 12-02-2018, 03:49 PM   #3
Wyo George

...and one more pic of the pair side by side. You'll note the homemade expanded metal grill and headlight covers on the C20. That's something my Dad did after looking a headlight and grill on a job site when another truck slung a few rocks while spinning in the mud. Since it was a work truck he decided to fab this so that it's more protected. I don't really love the look, but I do plan on keeping it since it was something Dad made and that's how the truck was when I was a kid. My Dad thinks I should replace it with an OEM grill, but it would change the truck in my mind so it's going to stay.

Old 12-02-2018, 04:33 PM   #4
Harlowhead1972
Account Suspended

Hi George. Cool trucks! Get ahold of me if you ever wander up North. Harlow
Harlowhead1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:39 PM   #5
Wyo George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlowhead1972 View Post
Hi George. Cool trucks! Get ahold of me if you ever wander up North. Harlow
I'm up there quite a bit during the summer, usually on one of the motorcycles. I teach the motorcycle classes for WYDOT and actually have several friends who live in Powell, it's a nice town.

Thanks for the welcome, I'll see you around.

G
Old 12-02-2018, 04:52 PM   #6
kaycee

Welcome aboard from the COWBOY STATE I'm here in SE Wy
63 IMPALA 327
kaycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 05:29 PM   #7
Wyo George

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaycee View Post
Welcome aboard from the COWBOY STATE I'm here in SE Wy
Thank-you for the welcome. Stay warm!
Old 07-01-2019, 11:00 PM   #8
Beartooth

Longtime observer, just joined.

Shhh! Don’t say Wyoming out loud, everyone thinks no one lives here!
It is getting too crowded as it is!

Mark
Beartooth is offline   Reply With Quote