The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2008, 02:24 PM   #101
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

Re: 77 to 55 thanksgiving

thank you all, it's not painted, but it's sealed for now, and to tell you the truth, im likeing the way it looks....hmmmm...i might just do the hole truck like that, i guess time will tell.
tiggerstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:10 AM   #102
71'tahoe

Very nice.I like getting christmas presents from my self too.That way you know your going to get what you want Is that sealer DP90?I am so glad to see your computer up and running again,I know how much of a pain it is to go without one.Cant wait for more pics.Looking good
71'tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:56 AM   #103
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

thank's, it is DP90, with a good coat of etch under it, i'll make up my mind after it's all done if it will see paint or not...lol
Old 01-11-2008, 06:22 AM   #104
71'tahoe

Thats agreat sealer until you have to sand it...it balls up in the paper even after a few days.I always reduce mine with one part dt870 reducer,its seems to have less orange peel.I did a 90 chevy shorty with DP90 and it held up for 3 years before it started to fade and break down.What etch prime did you use.PPG has come out with a new line called shop line.I used to use dupont vari-prime but I just picked up shop line JP-215 ecth prime with JH-2150 hardner,just got my 58' doors blasted and im going to try the shop line on them.It wasnt bad on price either.Ill try to post some pics soon.Looking good.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:59 AM   #105
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

i dont remember off hand wich etch i used, but im sure it was the dupont, let me know what you think of the shop line.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:03 AM   #106
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

well, i had some time to hang the doors, and found an old set of fenders that could be saved, i know the gaps arnt rite, but the doors have to come off for the final body work, when i do the cab....max.
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #107
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:10 PM   #108
buds56

lookin' good !
buds56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:00 AM   #109
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

yah...i know, it's not the best looking truck out there (cal...verry nice build i must say)....but it make's me happy to know that i'll be driveing a 55 chevy half tone everyday to and from work....and still knowing that i have a onother 55 to build as a show wining hot-rod if god let's me have the time to build it....he he....worse can happen to a man, don't you think?
Old 01-18-2008, 10:17 PM   #110
71'tahoe

Hey tigger.
That 77' bed is that the one you are going to use the fenders on? I have an 83' step and the bed sides look close to the ones on my 58'.Just wondering?Ill be rearranging the shop soon so ill get some pics of my junk. I think it would be cool to roll around daily in your old truck!
Old 01-19-2008, 06:11 AM   #111
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

im looking forward to seing those pics, as far as the bed goes, i think i will use the 77 box with the old rear fenders that i have for the 55, i dont think it will be to much work to chanel the box to meet the cab, and i can allways go back and fix it up later if need be, i still have to get at the roof, i think i keep finding other things to do so that i dont have to do the roof, like it's gona do it's self!...lol...oh well, more pics to come....max.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #112
Igotachevyor2
Apache Club

progress looks good
Igotachevyor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:54 AM   #113
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

well, it looks like a fender again, i think i wore out my hammers...lol, good enough for a blast and some putty.
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2008, 06:57 AM   #114
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

and now for the next fender.
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2008, 01:07 PM   #115
pugs

the truck is looking good, how much gap do ya have betwen the cab and bed
Old 01-28-2008, 12:49 AM   #116
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
the truck is looking good, how much gap do ya have betwen the cab and bed
thanks, i havent worked on the box yet, but as is sits now theres a 4 inch gap.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:09 AM   #117
56hotrodred

Tigger looks good as usual. I am currently sanding fenders and starting to hammer out some of the smaller dents. I have borrowed some dollies and a couple of hammers from a friend who used to do body work. Actually looks pretty good so far.

I have just started posting pictures as I stayed up late last night to work through it but will be going out to take some more today for future post.

If you have a moment could you look at the first post I did yesterday as it includes the picture of the floor piece we talked about.

Much appreciated.
56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:00 AM   #118
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56hotrodred View Post
Tigger looks good as usual. I am currently sanding fenders and starting to hammer out some of the smaller dents. I have borrowed some dollies and a couple of hammers from a friend who used to do body work. Actually looks pretty good so far.

I have just started posting pictures as I stayed up late last night to work through it but will be going out to take some more today for future post.

If you have a moment could you look at the first post I did yesterday as it includes the picture of the floor piece we talked about.

Much appreciated.
glad to see your still going at it hard, i'll look at the pic, cut the piece, and send you a pic of it afterwards...max.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:44 AM   #119
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

well, after makeing a patch for the rear-bottom, and lots of hammering, it looks like it will work.
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2008, 12:28 PM   #120
magsnubby

Looks like you're making progress there tig. I can't wait to see pics of the finished truck.

I was just curious as to how you decided on the amount to raise the floor. What's your plan for paint and interior? Tire/wheel combo?
magsnubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:28 PM   #121
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsnubby View Post
Looks like you're making progress there tig. I can't wait to see pics of the finished truck.

I was just curious as to how you decided on the amount to raise the floor. What's your plan for paint and interior? Tire/wheel combo?
thanks magsnubby...well, when i measured the floor to the bottom of the rocker of the 55 cab, then used that measurement from the floor of the 77 cab down to see my clearance( from floor to ground, leftover 5inch is clearance)...in this cace i cut the floor of the 55 and welded it to the lowest part of the 77 floor, and filled in the rest....hope that all made sence...lol, as far as paint, i mite just leve it the sealer black for this summer, the interior will be a dark grey and black with some hugger oarnge ( tiggers toy )....im still looking for a set of buckets that will look the part, and ride nice, i have made the iner door panels, but have not covered them yet, 3 gage dash cluster is what im working on now, and i have a sound systom plan that i hope will make it in the truck....ill try to post pics as i get things done, but its hard now that im back to work........max.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #122
magsnubby

Okay that sounds easy enough. Sounds like it's gonna be really nice when it's done.

I'm still kicking around ideas for my '58. I'm thinking paint the inside a light blue, two tone tuck 'n roll in a medium & light blue combo. Another idea i've been kicking around for the interior is metalflake and stripe the dash, a Moon metalflake steeringwheel and a Moon gas pedal.

The body will be basically stock. Shaved emblems, roll pan with '50 Pontiac (or maybe '59 Caddy) tail lights, and louvered tailgate. It'll be primer with a little pinstriping, or maybe flames. It'll be running chrome rims, baby moons and narrow whites or red rims with Lancers, Cross Bars or Fiesta's on narrow whites
magsnubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:25 AM   #123
poncho_villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerstoy View Post
thanks magsnubby...well, when i measured the floor to the bottom of the rocker of the 55 cab, then used that measurement from the floor of the 77 cab down to see my clearance( from floor to ground, leftover 5inch is clearance)...in this cace i cut the floor of the 55 and welded it to the lowest part of the 77 floor, and filled in the rest....hope that all made sence...lol, as far as paint, i mite just leve it the sealer black for this summer, the interior will be a dark grey and black with some hugger oarnge ( tiggers toy )....im still looking for a set of buckets that will look the part, and ride nice, i have made the iner door panels, but have not covered them yet, 3 gage dash cluster is what im working on now, and i have a sound systom plan that i hope will make it in the truck....ill try to post pics as i get things done, but its hard now that im back to work........max.
Hey Tig,
You've got my curiousity goin with your door panels and the 3 guage cluster your working on. I was gonna make a 4 guage cluster using the stock dash bezel, but been too busy this winter. Are you using the stock speedo? Don'tsha just hate it when work gets in the way of fun!
poncho_villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:14 PM   #124
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsnubby View Post
Okay that sounds easy enough. Sounds like it's gonna be really nice when it's done.

I'm still kicking around ideas for my '58. I'm thinking paint the inside a light blue, two tone tuck 'n roll in a medium & light blue combo. Another idea i've been kicking around for the interior is metalflake and stripe the dash, a Moon metalflake steeringwheel and a Moon gas pedal.

The body will be basically stock. Shaved emblems, roll pan with '50 Pontiac (or maybe '59 Caddy) tail lights, and louvered tailgate. It'll be primer with a little pinstriping, or maybe flames. It'll be running chrome rims, baby moons and narrow whites or red rims with Lancers, Cross Bars or Fiesta's on narrow whites
i like the sound of the paint, and you cant go wrong with a moon wheel and pedal. im still thinking of a roll pan, but im going with l.e.d. lights front and rear, and im not sure of my rims....i like the black rim with chrome rings and lugs....well, for this truck i think it will look ok....let we know how you make out with your paint, and your truck for that matter, id like to see pics.....max.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:26 PM   #125
tiggerstoy
tiggerstoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho_villa View Post
Hey Tig,
You've got my curiousity goin with your door panels and the 3 guage cluster your working on. I was gonna make a 4 guage cluster using the stock dash bezel, but been too busy this winter. Are you using the stock speedo? Don'tsha just hate it when work gets in the way of fun!
hiya poncho_villa....

i am using the stock speedo, but with a new piece of glass and fabed up a plate to mount the gages onto that fit in the speedo bezel, i dont have the pics yet, but ill post them as soon as i can, and yes...i hate it when work gets in the way lol.