The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-23-2017, 04:33 PM   #1
63C20

Name change?

when i signed up i thought i had a 63 buit its really a 62, can you fix my name?
63C20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:06 PM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: Name change?

The sticky post on name changes is 2 above this one. If you have further questions please PM Josh or myself
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:09 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

I keep going back and forth about changing my name. Never was too crazy about it, but I hate that it's a reference to a super stupid drug I want no associations with.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:00 PM   #4
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Never heard of the drug, only the cereal.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:08 PM   #5
special-K
Special Order

It's elephant tranquilizer. I painted Special-K on a glovebox door about ten tears ago to put on my mailbox post when I had a board get-together. Now I take it to swap meets and hang it so members I've never met can find me. I get burnouts saying to their buddy, "Hey look man, Special-K...uhh huhh huhh huhh". "Yeah... huhh huhh" (think Bevis & Butthead in slow motion). I think it was Liz quite a few years ago who enlightened my after a member made a reference to the drug being called that. And I'm not trying to associated Liz with the drug, either. I figure she knew because, as you well know, she knows everything!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 05-06-2017, 09:21 AM   #6
68panelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I keep going back and forth about changing my name. Never was too crazy about it, but I hate that it's a reference to a super stupid drug I want no associations with.
All the while I'm thinking it was after the breakfast cereal.
68panelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:23 AM   #7
68panelman

I too would change my screen name as I don't own that 68 panel anymore. Should of put more thought and used something with a wide spectrum related to GM
68panelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:39 AM   #8
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
It's elephant tranquilizer. I painted Special-K on a glovebox door about ten tears ago to put on my mailbox post when I had a board get-together. Now I take it to swap meets and hang it so members I've never met can find me. I get burnouts saying to their buddy, "Hey look man, Special-K...uhh huhh huhh huhh". "Yeah... huhh huhh" (think Bevis & Butthead in slow motion). I think it was Liz quite a few years ago who enlightened my after a member made a reference to the drug being called that. And I'm not trying to associated Liz with the drug, either. I figure she knew because, as you well know, she knows everything!
I must be getting senile.. no recollection of that
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:49 PM   #9
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Quote:
I just assumed it was because you were "special", (interpret how you wish) and you liked 4x4 trucks...
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
too much stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:45 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

^^^ That is how Liz interprets it. Liz, that was in a thread probably 10 years ago. Just a quick insignificant blip that had no reason to register. You probably read it in the newspaper. The burnouts who comment on the sign and now hearing about it in the news lately, by the drug name not Special-K, as becoming a problem. I guess it was mostly used in certain areas and now is more widespread. Kind of like Donks. Just a couple weeks ago I saw my first one, an LTD I had to do a double take on. Coming at me sitting up like a lifted 4wd. I was scared!!

Tim

Old 05-17-2017, 03:15 PM   #11
a1vintage69

Quote:
^^^ That is how Liz interprets it. Liz, that was in a thread probably 10 years ago. Just a quick insignificant blip that had no reason to register. You probably read it in the newspaper. The burnouts who comment on the sign and now hearing about it in the news lately, by the drug name not Special-K, as becoming a problem. I guess it was mostly used in certain areas and now is more widespread. Kind of like Donks. Just a couple weeks ago I saw my first one, an LTD I had to do a double take on. Coming at me sitting up like a lifted 4wd. I was scared!!
Special-K I love your handle, It's right. Short story from Cali forn ia !Mom always told me never smoke a cigarette because it might have marijuana in it, She made me watch the movie Refer Madness in 1969. Well I didn't listen so well back then. I smoked one that was rolled at both ends but the jerk didn't tell me it had pcp in it. Then BAM, I was super man for 3 minuets jumping on tables and flying across the room and then I laid down and said I am DYING. Laid there out for 1/2 hour. never again. Common or street names: Angel Dust, PeaCe Pill, Special K, Hog, Lovely, Wack, Ozone, Dust, Embalming Fluid, Rocket Fuel; Supergrass and Killer Joints are names that refer to PCP combined with marijuana.Special K, K. Both Ketamine and PCP cause hallucinogenic reactions that resemble those caused by LSD. JUST SAYING, a1
a1vintage69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:02 AM   #12
special-K
Special Order

The people that I knew smoked PCP started out as not such smart people. The smart ones were happy with pot. I also accidentally smoked that crud in a joint being passed around. No thanks! Thankfully it was only a couple hits. It seemed more than a few flakeheads ended up found walking down the road naked or obsessed with this "us vs them" theme, saying "they this" and "they that", and me asking them "Who are they?". That always threw them off I can still see the puzzled look This us vs them thing carried over into their lives when they weren't high (or more like not low).

Oh, and about the movie Reefer Madness. I have come to find, over the years, that Reefer Madness was actually a very accurate, scientifically sound, well researched, unbiased documentary depicting the actual threat that marijuana could have been to society had it not been for people taking heed and staying away from that evil thing. Thank you so much Reefer Madness for saving me and the rest of the nation from won ton uninhibited fits of happiness and pleasure!!

Tim