The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-16-2023, 09:11 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Careful when you sell your "stash"

Saved my panel and my Burb. No issues with my Burb, its complete. I had a fella that was going to buy my panel, not 100 percent, but close enough. So I sold EVERYTHING

I cant remember exactly, but at least three loads in one of those over sized sprinter style vans (huge). One truck and trailer (to take the C20 away and extra cab) and a large U-Haul. Gave local fella a smoking deal, but he had to take it all. Some stuff I'm sure he didn't want. I made it worth his while. It was cleansing for me.

Panel buyer changed his mind, getting a side by side instead lol. I'm having some bad pain issues right now so Ive only been able to putz about with the panel. Where did I put this and that? I used to have extras of everything haha!

Plus I picked up a 72 C10 a buddy didn't want (what was I thinking, its a sickness) Its all apart, but I'm crossing my fingers its all there haha.

Last edited by CG; 06-16-2023 at 09:22 PM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 02:45 AM   #2
Ironangel

Re: Careful when you sell your "stash"

The sickness is the fools who think these trucks should drive like the late model junk drive... Count your blessings, the right buyer will come in time bro...
71 C/50 Grain Truck, 350 Split-Axle 4-Speed
02 3/4 ton Express
14 Indian Chief Vintage
1952 Ford 8N, "Only Ford Allowed On The Property"
"Be American, Buy American"
Ironangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 02:51 AM   #3
68bowtie

I find it very convenient having at least two trucks, so when you dive into one, you can always go look at the other to see how something goes together. I hate having extra clutter around, so I sell most extra parts with value, but I can’t get myself to unload the boxes of miscellaneous hardware and little pieces. For just the reasons you are mentioning. Haha

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 07:22 AM   #4
custom10nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironangel View Post
The sickness is the fools who think these trucks should drive like the late model junk drive... Count your blessings, the right buyer will come in time bro...
Absolutely
If you want a “Modern, Up to Date” truck, go buy one, and enjoy it.
There are people out there that appreciate the “Old Stuff” (like me) and think it’s sacrilege to “Modernize” our trucks (like bagging the suspension and putting the large rim/low profile tire combo on them.
IMHO, if you want a “Hot Wheels” go to Walmart and buy one.
Leave perfection alone.
custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 11:57 AM   #5
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I was just watching an older episode of American Pickers this morning and they went to this fellas house that was a hoarder, it was really bad. Yeah he had some cool stuff, but it did make me feel better about moving so much stuff down the road despite me maybe having to repurchase items I already had.

I didnt keep the main majority of stuff at my house so it was easier to keep "collecting"
Old 06-19-2023, 08:25 AM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Is the topic here to watch when you sell things off, you might end up needing some of it? That's where I am now with selling. I think of my '67 project as built with parts I already have, and I do have most parts dedicated to both my trucks separated from parts I'd sell. But you never know everything you'll need till you get into the restoration. Also, although I've been saying I'm good with the two I have being my last, I don't trust myself. I do find myself getting ideas for other trucks still.

I see the word "hoarder" misused, tossed around too easily. At least in terms of the sickness. It's not sick, actually quite a smart thing, to gather items that relate to the vehicles you own and work on. Parts are easier to find now than 30 years ago. Back then, when you found certain parts you bought them or you may not find another. And you knew you could always resell it. And my parts stash isn't clutter. I have all parts stashed under roof and out of the way in it's place. I'm a 67-72 GM truck guy and always have been. Having a stash of parts has always been a part of that. The thought of not having spare parts just doesn't seem right. I am in reducing mode all over, but there will always be a minimum of parts I will retain, unless I end up getting away from these trucks. I don't believe that is even possible. It was even difficult for me to type that!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 12:49 PM   #7
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Is the topic here to watch when you sell things off, you might end up needing some of it?
Exactly!
Old 06-21-2023, 09:12 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Exactly!
Buys part for $5 in '96. "I was happy to find this.".

Sells for $25 in '16. "Man, I got 5x what I paid for that!"

Needs that part in '23, $50. "Big Whoop! Made $20 in '16 and now spending that and another $25!"

My sheds are for parts.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote