The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Recent questions answered. Please Read.

• I can not change my email address or I get a message stating the admins have banned my email address
This is due to spam. We have several email carriers we no longer allow on the site. The most problematic recently is gmail. Unfortunately due to the large amount of spam registrations we receive using gmail addys, gmail is not an allowed email any longer.
We still allow hotmail, yahoo, msn and many other free service emails.

• I have yahoo and do not receive subscription notices or update emails.
Yahoo (and many other email carriers) have strict spam mail filters. Check your spam settings and add the site url to your allowed email list. Otherwise it is likely being bounced and or deleted as spam.

• I keep getting logged out of the site. I log in, and it signs me right out.
This can be many things.. We will list a few here.
  1. Ensure you are using the proper site address. This site is located at http://67-72chevytrucks.com . It is not www.67-72chevytrucks.com. Though either will work, you are likely to have issues using anything other than http://67-72chevytrucks.com
  2. Does your browser have cookies enabled?
  3. Did you check the remember me box when logging in. If not your session will time out after a set amount of time.
  4. Are you using AOL's browser? If so, switch to a real one. Internet explorer, FireFox and Opera are all viable options.

• I changed my email and or password and can not post now.
Anytime you change part of your profile you must verify it for security reasons. An email is dispatched anytime you change your account. You must verify the change in that email, or you will get locked out of your account.

• At times when I try to attach pictures, I get a token error.
This should not happen often after the server upgrade is complete. If it does, simply resize your pictures to 640x480 or smaller and try again. This usually fixes the issue.

The other major factor in token errors, is outdated browsers. If your browser is not up to date, expect to get random errors.

• I can not search!

From time to time search is turned off. We try not to do this often, but at times it is needed. If search is not working for you, we are not singling you out, but rather dealing with a site issue. Check the site feedback and announcements area for information if you can not search.

• I have been double billed for my subscription.

Please check your paypal account. When subscribing you have the choice to auto renew, or not to. You can cancel a recurring subscription at anytime in your paypal account. You can also Private Message Josh with the information if you have any questions.

If you have been double billed, please let us know. We can refund your account, or credit your subscription. Please do not file a claim. If you do, then it becomes an issue and most times feelings get hurt on the user end. If you simply tell us, we will take care of it for you.

A few other random thoughts and comments

~ If you use a business email addy, and you send out auto notices.. please do not subscribe to things. We have to wade through so many needless emails daily. The majority of them are "out of the office replies". If Joe Blow subscribes to every thread he posts on.. then goes out of town.. We get out of office replies to all of his subscriptions.. gets old quick.
At times when it is an issue, we do shut off all notifications on the users account.

~ If you feel like you have had a good or bad dealing with someone. Please post about it. We have the review area, and bad deal area for this purpose. Many folks say, well I do not want to post about it. That just makes it harder on us. If you post in review or bad deals, the Admin staff is notified of the post and can review it. If you do not, the chances of us being able to step in and help dramatically reduces.

~ Please remember this is a community. At the time of this posting there are just shy of 60k members. We may not all agree, and we may not like change and growth at times. We do however share the passion for our hobby. Please try to be respectful of others, try to work together, and enjoy your stay here. If you have a concern or comment, then contact us via PM to discuss them.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:06 PM   #2
Effeckt

Re: Recent questions answered. Please Read.

Just a suggestion as I am seeing this for the first time. When I was trying to sign up using my gmail account for the first time I kept getting a message stating that my email account was banned. I wondered why I was banned as I had never been on the site before. If it is changeable it would be better to say that your email address has been banned or your email provider is not accepted on this forum or something so that the user signing up will catch on sooner. After not getting in after trying a bunch of times over a few days, I tried my work email which got me signed up.

The unfortunate part of all of this is because you do not support gmail, I had to use my business account. This sucks because I just read that you don't want business account users to use the subscription feature. So now I have to either a) make a bogus email account that will forward to my actual account if I want to use the subscription feature, or b) live without a useful feature of the forums. If it is possible I think an exception table to permit use of only approved gmail accounts would be the best idea. I am not a forum administrator so I don't know of what can/can't be done but I imagine a large amount of users own gmail accounts as most of my friends do for their primary account and would also enjoy this ability. Either way these are just my few thoughts on this. I love the forums. Thanks for making it available for us all to enjoy.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effeckt View Post
Just a suggestion as I am seeing this for the first time. When I was trying to sign up using my gmail account for the first time I kept getting a message stating that my email account was banned. I wondered why I was banned as I had never been on the site before. If it is changeable it would be better to say that your email address has been banned or your email provider is not accepted on this forum or something so that the user signing up will catch on sooner. After not getting in after trying a bunch of times over a few days, I tried my work email which got me signed up.
This is a template change that has been discussed. I agree it is worded goofy in the default form. I get more email asking that daily, then anything else.

Quote:
The unfortunate part of all of this is because you do not support gmail, I had to use my business account. This sucks because I just read that you don't want business account users to use the subscription feature.
I think you misunderstood. There is nothing wrong with using a business email etc. It has no bearing on your account. Advertising a business on the site does. If your not advertising the company, there is no issue.

Quote:
So now I have to either a) make a bogus email account that will forward to my actual account if I want to use the subscription feature, or b) live without a useful feature of the forums.
I would think the better choice yet would be. c) message a staff member and discuss your concerns. Then you would not be misinformed

Quote:
If it is possible I think an exception table to permit use of only approved gmail accounts would be the best idea. I am not a forum administrator so I don't know of what can/can't be done but I imagine a large amount of users own gmail accounts as most of my friends do for their primary account and would also enjoy this ability. Either way these are just my few thoughts on this. I love the forums. Thanks for making it available for us all to enjoy.
Simple explanation, not intended rude etc.. no way to much work. To have to manually edit accounts, figure out if the account holder is a good standing member or a potential spammer etc, would be an added job. Just not feasible at this time, nor is it something I would even want to have to do on top of the other site work.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
Effeckt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
This is a template change that has been discussed. I agree it is worded goofy in the default form. I get more email asking that daily, then anything else.

I think you misunderstood. There is nothing wrong with using a business email etc. It has no bearing on your account. Advertising a business on the site does. If your not advertising the company, there is no issue.

I would think the better choice yet would be. c) message a staff member and discuss your concerns. Then you would not be misinformed

Simple explanation, not intended rude etc.. no way to much work. To have to manually edit accounts, figure out if the account holder is a good standing member or a potential spammer etc, would be an added job. Just not feasible at this time, nor is it something I would even want to have to do on top of the other site work.
Makes sense Liz. I do imagine you get a ton of messages on the subject. I know I messaged an admin when signing up here as well. I also realize that it would be a lot of work to manually add account holders as well. I was more speaking on the possibility of having an automated process be able to have the account holder manually verify their own account without wasting the admin's time. Thanks for the other clarifications as well. I just thought I would post up my thoughts since I finally saw this post.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
68GMCCustom
Truck and auto performance nut

I have an issue thats not listed here. Its not a big deal, but I have waited forever for it to go away... and it hasn't. On my "user cp" page, this is across the top:
Quote:
Your paid subscription expired on Wed, Feb 02 2011! Click Here to renew it.
Its been there so long, yet its the 1st thing I see so its like its almost telling me I "have" to, or "should" renew? The truth is I supported this site for 3 years now I think (maybe more?), and don't really feel its at a size (60k plus members and numerous vendors, and growing) that it needs "member" level support anymore... so I haven't re-subscribed this year so to speak. I do have numerous parts I think people here could use, but I guess I'll just have to use the other outlets. I do however feel this is a great forum with lots to offer its members...which are this sites real resource.

Anyway....it would be nice if it went away?

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy
'72 Chevy LWB C-10 Highlander - 350/350 ps/pb/tilt/ac - not original but close
'06 Chevy TrailBlazerSS - LS2/4L70e - little black hot rod SUV - my DD
'18 Kia Sorento - wife's econo-driver
'95 Chevy S10 - reg cab shortbed, LS, 4.3, auto...

my '68's powertrain and chassis build -links broken
A surprise phase - carb to efi -links broken
68GMCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #6
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

That would be up to the original poster to have edited in.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #7
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

most times people do mark it sold
but non-paying members to avoid issues would prob not discuss it being sold
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #8
crazymopar

Hi sorry but I'm a paid newbie and I'm trying post a truck for sale. It will let me go through the entire process of posting it but when I finished at the end it reloads likely says it should but then my add never shows up. Anyone enlighten me in what I'm doing wrong. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #9
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

resize the picture a bit smaller. Most newer cameras take huge pictures that need to be made smaller before uploading,
Old 08-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #10
suxtobu65

Why do I automatically get subscribed to a thread when I post a comment or reply? Is there a way to stop this automatic feature?

I'm a new member, and a newbie to forums. Thanks
suxtobu65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #11
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

go to your usercp, and you can change that under options. However, you will need to go under the subscribed threads menu in the user cp to delete all of the current ones.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #12
Terry Crist

I receive e-mail that a post that I subscribe to has at least one response. When I go the the forum to view it, I always get 50 posts only and the one that I am looking for is not there. It is in my user CP, but I still always get only the last 50 posts.

In addition, I go to "quick links" ad try to mark all forums read and get this,

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.
If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

I have clicked the link and filled in the same information but have received no response at this point.

Any suggestions?
Terry Crist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #13
truckeroy

Re: Signature question

I noticed on posts that many have a signature area at the end. I can't see where to set this up. Info please? Thanks, Roy
truckeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #14
Terry Crist

Click on the "user CP" and then click on the "edit signature". In there you can add what you want.
Terry Crist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:12 PM   #15
jkeating1

I can't find the access to edit (and eventually remove) a classified ad that I have posted. I have an additional pic or two I would like to add to the classified ad.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:05 PM   #16
jkeating1

Disregard that Liz--I had not scrolled far enough to the right to see the Product Options dropdown box! I got it now.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:36 AM   #17
chrapladm

Hello. Figured I would post here instead of starting a new thread. Why are my posts not al counting for my post total?

Also why when I go to subscribed threads I have zero listed?

You can click on my profile and clearly see I have 7 posts. All are on different threads and all are subscribed. Yet I have no subscribed threads and 4 posts. Not sure if it is a server thing or a mod has to approve of every single post I make. I am a moderator on a few home theater forums and not sure how things are run here.

Either way thanks for your help.
chrapladm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:10 AM   #18
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Not all areas count toward post count. This shows you have 6, the other may be in an area that does not count.

As for your subscribed threads, I could not tell you as I can't see yours personally. Are you getting notifications for them now?
Old 06-12-2015, 02:03 AM   #19
chrapladm

I am getting some. So while things are a bit different here than other forums I am used to. In the control panel for subscribed threads it states I have two threads. Which I am subscribed to at least 5 that I know of.

I always go to the forum section and look to see what new posts have been made anyways. So I can deal with this I just wasnt sure it was something that normally happens. Thanks
chrapladm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 10:28 AM   #20
GMC 72 4X4

How long after a person is registered does it take before you are allowed to
post or reply to posts???

GMC 72 4x4
GMC 72 4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 11:42 AM   #21
Indian113

You are able to RIGHT NOW! But you have to be a supporting Member to post WTB or Sell Items. Nice to meet you This is a Great Place to learn.
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:02 PM   #22
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC 72 4X4 View Post
How long after a person is registered does it take before you are allowed to
post or reply to posts???

GMC 72 4x4
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a....php?f=34&a=17
Old 10-07-2019, 04:02 PM   #23
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

liz,
I would like to start a build thread and I want to know what you guys prefer for attaching pictures now that photobucket is charging? I read the thread related to how to post pictures & just want to make sure that is still the prefered way? also ...in general thank you for your time and effort on this site!!

thanks!
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:44 PM   #24
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

We suggest attachments here or using the gallery. We have never suggested using outside hosts due to that
Old 10-22-2019, 01:33 PM   #25
jimbosprint

It seems a lot has changed recently. The menu layout is all messed up. The ads are huge. The google search feature is missing. The attachments feature is missing from the compose reply tools. None of these changes are improvements. Please put things back the way they were.
jimbosprint is offline   Reply With Quote