The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-05-2019, 12:45 AM   #426
Advanced Design

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Ugh...hate to see that. Hopefully the resolution will go smoothly.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:19 AM   #427
Ol Blue K20

That sucks, hopefully the parents do what's right.

Dale
Ol Blue K20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:26 PM   #428
Average Joe

That sucks!

I hate parking lots. Idiots driving too fast and not paying attention. Grrrrr! My wifes van got hit 4 months after we purchased it, in a parking lot. Of course it was a hit and run with no witnesses. The insurance covered the repair less the $300 deductible. Still crappy though. Good luck!

An Average Joe and His 'Burb:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=775843
Average Joe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:06 AM   #429
04ls1gto

Man that sucks, you put alot of work into something And someone not paying attention wrecks it
04ls1gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:55 AM   #430
LockDoc
The Original Thread Killer

-
OUCH!

It's always a pain no matter how bad it is. You get something about the way you want it and something like this happens....... Hope you can get it taken care of.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles
LockDoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:06 PM   #431
HO455

Thank you everyone. I have talked to the mother of the kid. She says they will pay for the damage but depending on the amount it may have to be in instalments. My inner pessimist is not confident that things will work out smoothly.
My buddy no longer owns his body shop so I'm going to have to deal with finding a new shop too.
The kid apparently had just run to get some lunch from school. This just makes my head explode. How do you let your 16 old kid with, no license or insurance drive to school? My girlfriend is so pissed about this part she can't even talk about it. So my quip about him learning to drive by playing Mario Cart didn't go over very well.
The WMB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:00 PM   #432
crakarjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
Thank you everyone. I have talked to the mother of the kid. She says they will pay for the damage but depending on the amount it may have to be in instalments. My inner pessimist is not confident that things will work out smoothly.
My buddy no longer owns his body shop so I'm going to have to deal with finding a new shop too.
The kid apparently had just run to get some lunch from school. This just makes my head explode. How do you let your 16 old kid with, no license or insurance drive to school? My girlfriend is so pissed about this part she can't even talk about it. So my quip about him learning to drive by playing Mario Cart didn't go over very well.
Yeah I'd be leery of installments, too easy for them to just decide not to deal with it down the road. You should at least have a police report on file for the record so they can't deny it later!
Old 01-08-2019, 06:40 PM   #433
LockDoc
The Original Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post
Yeah I'd be leery of installments, too easy for them to just decide not to deal with it down the road. You should at least have a police report on file for the record so they can't deny it later!

Should also be able to have them sign a contract and get it Notarized. Guy I know did that. It was with an an older guy that totaled his '65 Buick and the guy quit paying on it. The guy with the Buick sent the old guy an invoice every month and kept a copy of it with it marked whether it was paid or not. If it was paid he sent the guy a receipt marked paid for that month. The old guy died with quite a bit left to pay on the contract so the Buick owner turned the rest of the bill in when they were settling the estate. With the Notarized contract and the records he kept the bill had to be paid before the estate could be settled. I don't know if other states are the same as Iowa, but it would be worth checking into if the amount was large enough.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles
LockDoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:22 PM   #434
HO455

Good points everyone. I wasn't pleased to hear the word installments myself. But I was also expecting it. If they aren't paying for insurance it's unlikely they have 2 grand laying around.
The WMB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote