The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-07-2016, 03:39 PM   #101
TKCR

Re: My 86 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
After noticing another member making some minor detail work, I never knew that the jack was mounted to the inner fender, as shown in photos #1 & #2.. I already had the jack, bracket and rod. They have just been sitting in the garage collecting dust. So I have tracked down all the other parts needed to mount the jack & accessories, as shown in photo #3.

Now for a good sanding, cleaning and a paint refresh. Photos will follow when I get it done.
Well got it all cleaned and painted
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 04:25 PM   #102
LDO

Looks Great!
LDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:52 AM   #103
LT7A

Super clean truck. I like all of the detail work.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 12:20 PM   #104
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDO View Post
Looks Great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Super clean truck. I like all of the detail work.
Thanks
Old 12-24-2016, 02:58 PM   #105
TKCR

So I'm working on a few little side projects. One is, restoring/rebuilding grilles. I've salvaged several truck & van grilles, just to get the parts off them. Most of the time the grille isn't worth keeping, but occasionally i do get a good one that can be cleaned and repainted. I will use grilles from Classic Industries. So anyways, here are the Bowties off the grilles I've been working on. One of them has a pretty good nick in it, but I'm not sure if that can remedied with future bowties. I'm still in the learning/trial stage.

Before & After. I still need to clear coat them yet.
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2016, 03:05 PM   #106
TKCR

So here is one of the grilles from Classic Industries. For the center chrome pieces, I'm having a buddy of mine see if he can work his magic on trying to get the rock dings & deforms out.
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2017, 10:39 PM   #107
rideair

TKCR,

I also just purchased a new sound system like yours, and the black knobs are cheap.

Do you remember what type and year of car/truck your knobs came from that will fit?

They look a 1000 times better.

Thanks,

Paul
rideair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:28 AM   #108
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
TKCR,

I also just purchased a new sound system like yours, and the black knobs are cheap.

Do you remember what type and year of car/truck your knobs came from that will fit?

They look a 1000 times better.

Thanks,

Paul
I believe the knobs I got are just from an earlier model truck radio. Found them on Ebay. They are nice and heavy. I was really hoping the knobs from the original radio would fit on the stems, but they didn't. So I just starting looking on Ebay and found these. I took a chance, not knowing if they would even fit, but they did.

I did run across a website that sells those same radios and you can customize the face and knobs. I wished I would have found this place before I had gotten my radio from LMC. But I'm happy with the way it turned out.

https://www.retromanufacturing.com/c...k-series-truck

You can just order the knobs from them also:
https://www.retromanufacturing.com/c...lacement-parts

And from LMC too. I don't believe this was available back when I purchased my radio from them:
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=93
Old 01-07-2017, 09:27 PM   #109
vht

I got the 2 center pieces for a grille like that. They were on the 86 grille in my 84. I used the bowtie. If you need them give PM me. I put a 84 back in mine. Got the head light bezels to, but I used the center trim that was on them.
vht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:02 PM   #110
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by vht View Post
I got the 2 center pieces for a grille like that. They were on the 86 grille in my 84. I used the bowtie. If you need them give PM me. I put a 84 back in mine. Got the head light bezels to, but I used the center trim that was on them.
PM sent
Old 01-08-2017, 09:06 PM   #111
TKCR

Not doing much on Big Red, just still waiting on funds to get the hood painted. In the mean time, I got a Blaster Cabinet for Christmas, so I've been re-arranging the garage this weekend.
It's sitting on the generator right now, but if I ever need it, I'm screwed. The weight would be too much to move after the media gets added. So I ordered a Gladiator Adjustable table, the generator can sit under the table and then the Blaster on the table. It's rated for 3000 lbs!!! I have Gladiator Cabinets now, so it will fit right in.
The air compressor was right beside the blaster, but to accommodate the table it had to move to between the garage doors. I'll just have to run the air hose over when I use the blaster.

I'm still waiting on the filter and then I went ahead and ordered the other types of inline dryer/filters. Going to try a couple of different ones, since they are disposable, I'll see which works the best. So it's going to be another week or so, before I get to play with the blaster, lol.

As you can see, Big Red is all covered and tucked in, safe & warm. Winter sucks!!!
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2017, 09:32 PM   #112
87square

Quote:
Not doing much on Big Red, just still waiting on funds to get the hood painted. In the mean time, I got a Blaster Cabinet for Christmas, so I've been re-arranging the garage this weekend.
It's sitting on the generator right now, but if I ever need it, I'm screwed. The weight would be too much to move after the media gets added. So I ordered a Gladiator Adjustable table, the generator can sit under the table and then the Blaster on the table. It's rated for 3000 lbs!!! I have Gladiator Cabinets now, so it will fit right in.
The air compressor was right beside the blaster, but to accommodate the table it had to move to between the garage doors. I'll just have to run the air hose over when I use the blaster.

I'm still waiting on the filter and then I went ahead and ordered the other types of inline dryer/filters. Going to try a couple of different ones, since they are disposable, I'll see which works the best. So it's going to be another week or so, before I get to play with the blaster, lol.

As you can see, Big Red is all covered and tucked in, safe & warm. Winter sucks!!!
Looks like a bad ass garage! Can we get more pics?,?
87square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:34 PM   #113
UKNOWME

Quote:

I see you decided to go with the smaller one. How was the assembly process?
1964 Chevy c10
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU
UKNOWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:50 PM   #114
vht

I built one 4 ft by 3 ft I think. Can't remember exactly. I don't see how I done without one. Best thing I ever built. It's nice to blast parts and primer instead of sand, wire brush, and tear your fingers off trying to make something purdy. Wish I had one a bed side would fit in, lol.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:55 PM   #115
87square

Looks like a sweet garage! Can we get more pics?!?
87square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:09 PM   #116
TKCR

Quote:
I built one 4 ft by 3 ft I think. Can't remember exactly. I don't see how I done without one. Best thing I ever built. It's nice to blast parts and primer instead of sand, wire brush, and tear your fingers off trying to make something purdy. Wish I had one a bed side would fit in, lol.
Yeah the wire brushes can be a b!tch. Stuck my fingers a few times with them things. But since I'm doing a bit more with wire brushing, I thought I would start trying to work smarter, than harder.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:11 PM   #117
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKNOWME View Post
I see you decided to go with the smaller one. How was the assembly process?
Really wasn't much to assemble, it comes exactly as you see it sitting there. I just need to attach the vacuum hose, air lines and add the sand.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:35 PM   #118
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87square View Post
Looks like a sweet garage! Can we get more pics?!?
Well it ain't much, too small for my liking, especially when both vehicles are in there. It's just a 2 car attached to the house, so it is heated, I can't complain about that.
Sorry but the only pics of the garage I have, are the ones where I was taking pics of the truck and etc.
The mat on the one side is for the winter, keeps the snow that melts contained. That's where the Honda (daily driver) to work gets parked. It stays out in the summer, giving me more to do things in the garage.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2017, 10:40 PM   #119
TKCR

My other Chevy has to stay outside.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2017, 11:02 PM   #120
vht

Set up nice, you make good use of your space. I make good use of mine, I have a 40 chev coupe project, setting idle right now, my 72 chevelle stays inside, and my truck is moved in and out when I have to work on anybody elses junk. I've got parts put away I'll never find. Come up and arrange mine when you get time.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:14 PM   #121
TKCR

Quote:
Set up nice, you make good use of your space. I make good use of mine, I have a 40 chev coupe project, setting idle right now, my 72 chevelle stays inside, and my truck is moved in and out when I have to work on anybody elses junk. I've got parts put away I'll never find. Come up and arrange mine when you get time.
Yeah I'm an organizing freak. People say I ought to start a business doing other people's spaces or garages. I have a buddy that I work with, that works on cars in his pole barn. I would give my right arm to have his space, but my god, it's a wreak. I don't know how he finds anything in that mess. I keep telling him, he needs to hire me, but then he probably will REALLY wouldn't find anything, after I organized it.
I have a few more years, then I can retire at 55. Then I would have all the time in the world, lol.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:28 PM   #122
UKNOWME

Quote:
My other Chevy has to stay outside.
What's the purpose of the parking pad?
I think the Colorado deserves that spot inside the garage. IMO
1964 Chevy c10
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Old 01-08-2017, 11:38 PM   #123
TKCR

Quote:
What's the purpose of the parking pad?
I think the Colorado deserves that spot inside the garage. IMO
It's for the snow. During the winter, I bring the Honda in. It's my daily driver to work. It keeps all the snow and sloop contained.
If I had a bigger garage, they would all be inside. I hate leaving any of them out.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2017, 11:47 PM   #124
UKNOWME

Quote:
It's for the snow. During the winter, I bring the Honda in. It's my daily driver to work. It keeps all the snow and sloop contained.
If I had a bigger garage, they would all be inside. I hate leaving any of them out.
That's pretty cool! Except the part about the Honda. Haha just kidding... well kinda...
1964 Chevy c10
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Old 01-09-2017, 12:02 AM   #125
TKCR

Quote:
That's pretty cool! Except the part about the Honda. Haha just kidding... well kinda...
It's where I work, Honda MFG, so I gotta have at least one.

The rest are GM, my daddy worked and retired from there. He actually worked at the parts plant that made the tailgate trim. I probably have one on my truck that he made!!
Attached Images