The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-27-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
71_402

new guy from central Illinois

Hey everyone, im a newbie from Peoria heights,IL. A few months ago, I picked up my first C10, a 71 longbed cheyenne, original 402, TH400 trans, tilt and AC. Long story short,my friend had the truck, sitting behind his barn for the last 4 years. He drove it here and there, but never really did much with it. He couldnt get it running right, and said that the big block was junk because it was so temperamental. We towed it back to my house, and I dug into it. 10 of 16 cam lobs were flat....and when I say flat, they were round. So a friend of mine replaced the cam, lifters, and pushrods. I also put a new carb on it. Runs and drives like dream! Rust is very minimal. Rockers are shot, so I'll be replacing those this winter. I spotted a couple floor pan supports that arent totally gone, but would be worth digging into....the patina I am going to keep for now. Later down road I might strip it down and do a factory correct paint job on it. I paint for a living, so painting this would be easy.....but wouldnt be something I would look forward to since I do it day in and day out. I love this truck and hope to find some good info on it from being on here. So to date here is what I have done: Cam,lifters,pushrods, carb, retrosound stereo, new flowmaster 40 series exhaust, new grill (had ugly billet grille when i bought it), and just TLC....its amazing what a day full of scrubbing will do!

Last edited by 71_402; 08-27-2017 at 08:37 PM. Reason: posting picture
71_402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:29 PM   #2
71_402

Re: new guy from central Illinois

I for some reason cant post a picture. and now I cant delete this post. Typical newbie i know
71_402 is offline   Reply With Quote