The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-20-2018, 10:20 PM   #1
Detmar

Header identification help and options.

1970 c10 with a stock 350 (besides the edelbrock 4bbl) when i bought the truck a few weeks ago it came with some headers. PO said they specific for my truck. Truck needs exhaust and I'm wondering if its even worth it to install the headers. I've read with a stock set up there is no gain at all. But I'll eventually put in a gm crate or possibly a 383 stroker. I want a good exhaust and looking at a flowmaster super 44. Or magnaflow. Maybe even something else. Should i install three headers now so it's an easier swap later? Or stick with the stock manifolds. Pipes are 3" and 1 1/2"
Attached Images

Detmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:59 AM   #2
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: Header identification help and options.

Hell if they fit, who cares? Have them not-tanked and beadblasted, then shoot this ceramic stuff from Eastwood on them -- inside and out -- bake in Mom's old oven at 500F for 2 hours. When they dry bolt them on. Don't forget a crossover pipe.
They do not look like my Heddmans. Those small upper hanging loops on the interconnecting strap are strange.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:36 PM   #3
BROWN 70

those are summit headers. iirc they are made by flowtech. I have a set on my truck that were branded blackjack. they are identical to the summit headers. they have lasted 30 plus years. just keep the bolts tight, I have replaced the gaskets a couple times. my fault, I let the bolts get loose. not bad headers. hope this helps. BROWN 70
BROWN 70 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #4
Detmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWN 70 View Post
those are summit headers. iirc they are made by flowtech. I have a set on my truck that were branded blackjack. they are identical to the summit headers. they have lasted 30 plus years. just keep the bolts tight, I have replaced the gaskets a couple times. my fault, I let the bolts get loose. not bad headers. hope this helps. BROWN 70
Yeah after looking up summit headers i think you nailed it! Thanks a bunch. They pretty easy to install? Any recommended brands of gasket that seem to do better than others? Thank again!
Detmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #5
rockyrivermark

Quote:
2nd that on summit. I literally just got my summit headers yesterday. ceramic coated. they look just like yours in the picture.
Attached Images

http://www.cbcabinets.com
rockyrivermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:35 PM   #6
BROWN 70

hi, yes they are very easy to install as headers go. lol I,ve had good luck with mr. gasket ultra seal premium. they are still holding up after 10-12 years. again try to keep the bolts tight. I forget sometimes to check them but its important for gasket life. good luck, BROWN 70
BROWN 70 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:13 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Pull your spark plugs first and bolt them up! Get the crush gaskets. I'm sure Summit has some.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:23 PM   #8
hjewell2

Quote:
you sir are correct !
hjewell2 is offline   Reply With Quote