The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #1
69Tom

my new 1970 C/10

So, I'm back on the forums after being without a truck for about a year and a half. I missed my old 1970 step so I found a new 70 step. I just started looking, and after not seeing anything local I liked, I went on eBay of all places. I think I got it for a reasonable price.

Plans are to replace the rockers and cab corners. I bought some new sill plates and a correct blue steering wheel and center cap from Classic Industries. I'll put a new wood bed kit as well. I'm going to clean up the interior some. It doesn't have too far to go, I don't think.

I'm going to try to preserve the exterior all-original paint. Any tips on this? Buff out the paint? Or should I clear coat over it? If so, use a satin finish or gloss? Not sure where to go on this end.

Anyway, I'm pretty psyched on the color scheme. Black wasn't so common back then, I don't think. Especially with the blue interior.

And the SPID is just loaded. Haha. Here's some pics.
Attached Images

69Tom is offline   Reply With Quote