The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
CRGRS 66

need help with a vendor LEDFOOT Racing

Is there anyone in Orange California that knows these guys at LEDFOOT?

I ordered a rad, the rad did not fit (did not want to start making mods to my brackets for a product that was supposed to fit my truck).

They sent me a fedex slip to return the rad, and agreed to reimburse the full amount including freight. My argument there was that, I wasn't returning the rad because I didn't like it, or I changed my mind. It didn't fit, so why should I be out of pocket for freight.

After some back and forth, they agreed, and set me a fedex tag to send the rad back on their dime. I was to call them when the rad was dropped off at fedex. This took a while as I had to drop the rad off in buffalo (I am in Canada). The rad was dropped off at fedex about a week and a half ago, and I am sure they have received it, but I have no credit, they will not answer my call (several), and they will not respond to my emails (several).

If anyone knows these guys, could they give the a "bump" to follow through and issue me a refund on my card?

My name is Craig Tatton, and the rad was an American Eagle AE284.

Thank you

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: need help with a vendor LEDFOOT Racing

Are they vendors here? I don't recognize the LEDFOOT Racing name.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
CRGRS 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Are they vendors here? I don't recognize the LEDFOOT Racing name.
I don't know, but I think a lot of guys here have used them. Their website (http://www.championradiators.com/) kind of leads you to believe that they "are" champion radiators, but they at least seem to be an authorized distributor.

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
Old 07-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
fleetman

common practice for many vendors to make you pop for return. regarding nonfit.... some think most aftermarket parts need tweaking to work.
however most nowadays say upfront somewhere in the small print something about a restock fee or thier return postage policy.
also some big box and small vendors are good about returns and will pop for return.
your experience may vary.
not much help i know but i feel your sense of justice and truck budjet pain.
paul
fleetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
CRGRS 66

I mentioned in a voice message, and an email that I posted a thread here asking for member help. Low and behold a response!!!! "most of us were away last week, this should be dealt with by the end of the day". Have been trying to reach them sine June 27th

Old 07-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #6
Shooters_7

I hope everything works out and if not the info posted will help other avoid them! Call the BBB in that area and lodge a complaint with them. If they have a good rating, they won't anymore.
Shooters_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #7
CRGRS 66

I would say it is the end of the day... no email confirmation of the refund...
Will follow up again tomorrow and advise

Old 07-10-2012, 01:40 AM   #8
chopper john

you know im down the street from them and i just had the same problem the rad. sits to tall. i cant put my upper bracket on . was this your problem. ? they say it should fit and its like an inch too tall , im taking mine back too.they carry two line of rad. champion and american radiator wich one did u get. ledfoot racing is a dealer for champion. champion is located in lake elsinore. and ive used the radiator before. and had no problems.

Last edited by chopper john; 07-10-2012 at 01:47 AM.
chopper john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #9
CRGRS 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper john View Post
you know im down the street from them and i just had the same problem the rad. sits to tall. i cant put my upper bracket on . was this your problem. ? they say it should fit and its like an inch too tall , im taking mine back too.they carry two line of rad. champion and american radiator wich one did u get. ledfoot racing is a dealer for champion. champion is located in lake elsinore. and ive used the radiator before. and had no problems.
Did not get to the height issue, the the tanks were too deep (front to back). The bottom tank fit into the bottom cradles, but would not go all the way down into the cradles. The top bracket would not fit period. I would have had to do some cutting of the top bracket, and would have also had to shave the rubber insert to get it to fit. The rad was also between 2 & 3" narrower, and the bottom inlet was not in a good spot in relation to the bottom passenger side cradle. I have pictures, but they are on my PC at home.

Old 07-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #10
CRGRS 66

Did get another email today stating that the refund would be processed today, but that is what they said yesterday. They cited problems with quick books, and fedex, blah, blah, blah

Old 07-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #11
CRGRS 66

Received an email today stating that my refund has been posted to my credit card. Hopefully this is the end of this saga. Funny how they hopped to it when I mentioned to them about posting up a thread describing my experience on this forum!

Old 07-13-2012, 12:17 AM   #12
chopper john

im glad you got your situation figured out
Old 07-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #13
CRGRS 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper john View Post
im glad you got your situation figured out
thanks chopper, did you take yours back? most guys apparently make mods to their mounting arrangement. I took my rad to a local rad shop and had it re-cored. I am so glad that I did that. It cost around $360 taxes in, but I am so pleased to have retained the original look, and fitment.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #14
chopper john

i havent done anything yet, lol
Old 07-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #15
CRGRS 66

Just wanted to throw up a final post on this. The refund has now been posted to my credit card. Ledfoot covered the return freight, and gave me a full refund including the original freight.

While I was getting frustrated with the situation, they did finally step up and make good.

I also don't want to completely write off this vendor as their product is, from what I have heard from others, a very good product. I personally just prefer not to make any cutting/welding changes that I don't need to make.

Thanks top everyone who chimed in to help me out on this.